1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Am Begotten of God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Nagor, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul stated to us that we ALL were once in the Kingdom of Satan, and Jesus said that sinners without Him are children of the devil, so you know more on this than either Jesus or Paul?

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Agreed:

Colossians 1:12-13

King James Version (KJV)

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

God bless.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is teaching to us that even the elect of God must at some time in this life receive Jesus as their Lord thru faith still!

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That should go without saying, but again, it is answered by understanding the Ministry of the Comforter. Christ taught the Comforter, when He came, would convict the "world," which is defined as speaking about everyone because He convicts unbelievers of sin:

John 16:7-9

King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Scripture forces us to concede to that position unless we want to deny the elect are unbelievers before salvation.

God bless.

5. Nagor

Nagor New Member

Do you believe everyone of flesh and blood written about in the bible except Jesus, was a child of the devil before they became a child of God?

Yes or no?

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam and Eve were created neutral to the condemnation that arose through their disobedience. They are the reason for Man's separation from God. Satan being all Man's "father" is not a matter of heritage but would better be illustrated with the analogy of Abraham being the father of those of faith.

Satan is ascribed "fatherhood" for introducing sin and we can liken that to the phrase "mother of all invention."

We also distinguish concerning "sons of God." There is a temporal use and a spiritual. A New Covenant cont and an Old. We see the use of sons of God in the Old but should not equate that to salvation in Christ. Under a New Covenant standard "sons or God" is specific to those born again, eternally indwelt, and eternally redeemed.

It has as a central focus reconciliation and restoring man to relationship with God.

God bless.

#26 Darrell C, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  7. Nagor

Nagor New Member

What does any covenant
    have to do with being born of water and Spirit?

Please explain?

8. Nagor

Nagor New Member

So you believe the commandments of God for women
    have certain conditions upon them concerning
    when and when not to be obeyed?

Is this correct?

9. Nagor

Nagor New Member

Do you believe everything that Paul stated to you?

10. Nagor

Nagor New Member

Did Paul forget about John the Baptist?

11. Nagor

Nagor New Member

What is the Kingdom of Satan? And where is it?

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Water and Spirit can both be seen in Scripture to deal with cleansing and empowerment. A Baptism, or washing, is an immersion that assumes cleansing and association. We are born again through the washing of the water of the Word, not physical water. And I am at a disadvantage right now so can't post Scripture like I like to, but here are a few to consider and we can discuss them:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1peter+1:23&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Titus+3:4-5&version=KJV

Let's start there.

Of course not, they are just as universal as those given men. Where we make a distinction is in the area of corporate leadership. There is a standard seen in the Levitical Priesthood that establishes what some of us see taught concerning Christian leadership.

But I'll put my wife against any man and bet she'll teach them a thing or two, lol. Women are commanded to teach younger women, and I see nothing wrong with that in a corporate setting. We visited a Mennonite fellowship and they literally divided men and women, and I didn't have a problem with that.

As Pastors? I don't see that as Biblical. We do see an exception or two in Old Testament economy, but not in Christian Doctrine.

And in a forum setting? Absolutely. Wish my wife would get involved, because its a great way to learn.

That is not what I would consider usurping authority over a man. That would be specific to leadership in corporate setting or in the family structure.

God bless.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the spiritual domenion that God allows satan to have since the fall of adam, and its all over this earth!

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, and we see that dominion removed in the tribulation:

Revelation 11:15-17

King James Version (KJV)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

God bless.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And at his second coming, Daniel prophecy is fully completed, as his kingdom crushes all others, and is extended upon whole earth!

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true, however, that does not mean there will not be false prophets in the Kingdom:

Zechariah 13

King James Version (KJV)

1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

3 And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the Lord: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.

4 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:

5 But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.

6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

They will not have free reign to teach false doctrine as they do today.

God bless.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where'd you go, Nagor?

God bless.