1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I am Mentally Ill

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by rockytopva, Dec 26, 2022.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
    Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
    Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

If you were to stick me on the planet Mars I may have a few seconds to make sandcastles out of the iron based compounds before succumbing to the cold. Put me on the planet Venus and I would be baked as if in an oven on the way down. Compared to the intellect and power required to make this universe I am in the vicinity of being mentally ill.

2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Time to play with creatures closer to my mass, spirituality, and intellect. Here is a friend I have named, "pups."

[​IMG]

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe Albert Einstein himself was a creationist as he once said... “Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe- A spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.” -Albert Einstein

4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Antony Flew, an English philosopher and outspoken atheist who stunned and dismayed the unbelieving faithful when he announced in 2004 that God probably did exist. He was best known, however, for his books arguing against the existence of God and for atheistic principles. “Theology and Falsification,” a short paper presented to the Socratic Club at Oxford and published in 1950, brought him immediate attention. In a little more than 1,000 words, it argued that the idea of God is philosophically meaningless, since it cannot be falsified, that is, believers cannot posit an instance that would cause them to deny the existence of God. Genuine assertions, by contrast, can be falsified. These are the four scientific evidences, and philosophical implications, which convinced Flew that God exists:
    1. The Laws of Nature require a Law-Giver
    2. The finely-tuned universe requires a Fine-Tuner
    3. The origin of life requires an Originator
    4. The origin of the universe requires a Big Banger
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know the time I would have on a visit to Mars but a green Martian sunrise may be entertaining...

6. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am currently studying the life and works of Gregor Mendel, the father of modern genetics, a man of prayer, faith and science. Wow! Am I in for a lot of learning!

7. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am a product of two very much different type people....

Mother:
    * Born in the South
    * Wonderful personality - Very loving and kind-hearted
    * Intelligence - No possibilities for major universities
    * Physically short along with the tendencies to be overweight
    * Unhealthy - Very much susceptible to sicknesses. My mother died in her fifties

Father:
    * Born in the North
    * Terrible personality - Very cold hearted
    * Intelligence - Much possibilities for major universities
    * Physically tall and can eat anything unaffected
    * Healthy - My dad is in his mid-eighties and still is in great health

All my family prefers my mothers side and here is a picture of my sister along side my mother...
    [​IMG]

Genetic engineering... It would have been nice if I had been able to pick the best of both worlds!

8. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    f E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
    Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
    Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Gene mutation (In biology, a mutation is an alteration in the nucleic acid sequence of the genome of an organism, virus, or extrachromosomal DNA. Viral genomes contain either DNA or RNA) ... Can spiritual character be programmed in the genes? My dad recently got two Australian Shepherds that were beautiful and affectionate dogs. The problem was that they were un-trainable. I don't know if they learned the first command. It was tough letting them off the leash as they would want to run into the next county once freed. I would try to transfer them from chain to leash and they would fight me for an hour. Once settled down, though, they were wonderfully affectionate dogs. I have read in material that these are traits in this breed of dogs. It was heartbreaking, though, having to take them to the dog shelter not knowing their fate.

Question... Can character be transferred through the DNA? We got a Collie to replace the Australian Shepherds and the change in breed characteristics was profound. The Collie does not at all fight me and seems more than willing to respond to my wishes.

9. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scientist calculate the number of cells in the human body at over 30 trillion. All programmed for a specific task.

Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him? - Isaiah 40:13

In which I would have no mind to assist him in his creation.