1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I am not ashamed!

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by stanleyg, Jul 24, 2006.

1. stanleyg

stanleyg New Member

I am not ashame to proclaim myself before our Christian assembley as steward of our King Christ. I know that if I am ashame of him that he too will be ashamed of me.

Luke9 [26] For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Pharoah had learned of Joseph's anointing to interpret the meaning of his dreams. Pharoah appointed Joseph as the king' s steward to oversee charge of his storehouse.

Does our King Christ, whose kingdom is in heaven, not have equal powers to appoint stewards? We have been anoited by our Father God with the gift of interpretation to oversee the coming of our Lord?

Gen37 [5] And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.

Gen40 [8] And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

Gen41 [42] And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

Rev2 [17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not ashamed either! Been preaching the Gospel every chance I get.

I have no practical experience from watching a mentor’s approach but I felt it needed to be done so I started just doing it as it is always on my mind. It’s getting easier and I’m getting better.

I’ve been finding out I have a lot of the answers that people are waiting to hear. You never know whose eyes will get big and look to you with intensity wanting to know more. It starts out casual and develops into something meaningful.

The neighbors, the store clerks, people in the grocery store, the computer geek at Best Buy-he couldn’t wait to go home and down load a Bible to find out more about the object of his faith and start a relationship with Christ, even the Mexican hitch-hiker that didn’t speak English that was headed down a deserted road in over 100 degree heat without water and not knowing were he was going got a taste through my friend translating over my phone, LOL.

I’ve been asked a few times lately if I’m a preacher; not knowing how to respond I say, “No, I just study a lot.”; their replies were similar, that I should be. What a compliment and a blessing; God seems to be saying the same thing to me and although the whole concept at 48 with a G.E.D. appears ridiculous to me and an insurmountable task, here I am Lord!

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is ridiculous to Man often makes a lot of sense to God. You have no less education that D. L. Moody, the great evangelist and soul winner, who it is said "shook two continents for Christ." Go for it Benjamin!:thumbs: