1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I bid you all adieu...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by convicted1, May 17, 2015.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

It is now the time I need to pack my bags and leave.

I have let this place get to me in a way it never should have and caused me to lash out in a rather unseemly fashion. I take this as a hint that I need to depart. May God bless you all.

Darrell C, I offer you a sincere apology for what I said to you about you and your walk with God. I have no right to call that which God has cleansed as being dirty.

May God bless you all...

Willis Fletcher, Jr.

2. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I wish you wouldn't go. We all lose it sometimes. We are fallible human beings. I personally think you have contributed much that is positive and helpful, from reading your posts.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time to take a break
    Then consider a return.:1_grouphug::1_grouphug:

4. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I hate to see you go, Bro. Willis. I know we had some strong disagreements in the past, but I've always enjoyed our discussions. I agree with Salty, though. Perhaps take a break, then consider returning. Your input is always valued.

And hey, this board gets to all of us from time to time...:smilewinkgrin:

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know much about the history behind this - but I agree that sometimes taking a break can be the right thing for the sake of Christian perspective and reconnect with God. One thing I have complained about on this board is that a spirit of name-calling seems to be viewed by a few as a kind of "good substitute for doctrinal solution to problems". And things are said that one would never hope to have to account for in the future 2Cor 5:10 judgment.

Better to let that spirit go -- take time for reconnect. When you meet that person in heaven that has been so misused and abused here -- what a moment of self-reproach to think of some of the things said here.

Better to take time for worship, fellowship, reconnect with God who sees our mistakes and calls us out of them.

I am confident that there are a few people on this board that are fully convinced that if they were to stand up in a Sunday School class and say to a visitor or a member some of the things they say to people on this board who happen to differ with them on some point... they would be looked at with disappointment and sadness (if not shock and surprise) by their fellow church members.

in Christ,

Bob

#5 BobRyan, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've taken many breaks. Just never felt the need to explain it to anyone. Do what you need to do and come back if and when you feel like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Don't let it bother you C1, I told you it did not bother me. Emotional response is something that happens when we are dealing with an issue, Theology, which is perhaps the most personal issue man contends with.

The entire reason for much of what was said was in fact to illustrate that was what was going on, and sometimes, when we are on a forum for too long we can get set in patterns and not realize it. So it may be that a new forum might be a good idea for a while, though I don't think I would recommend abandoning this one altogether, where you have made friends who will be grieved at your absence. It is just my opinion that we can gain in going into new areas with the intention of preaching the Gospel, getting outside of what may have become a comfort zone for us.

You know the old saying, "Familiarity breeds contempt." This is true in all of our lives, even with our spouses. I try to stay on guard to that destructive principle that I see in myself from time to time.

Again, apology not necessary, it is just discussion, which can get heated at times...and no wonder. Again, this is the most sensitive issue that has only one thing the world likens to it in terms of avoiding speaking about...taxes.

And I cannot think of a better thread than to also announce that I am leaving as well. I had only intended to show up and post a few threads while I took a break from that last forum, and ended up being here for a little while. I'll be back again, Lord willing, perhaps as a quick visit, perhaps another round, I don't know, but, when I do, I hope to find you have retained your membership, and, perhaps have gone out to another forum with the intent of challenging others, as well as yourself. Some of the people we meet in those travels can, despite being our antagonists, help us in our growth in Christ. I owe quite a bit to atheists, who have challenged me and forced me to face the apologetics of their ministers, which has only helped fortify my faith in Christ and the Word. My brothers and sisters of opposing views have also helped in that area, sometimes pointing out conflict, sometimes pointing out character issues, lol, which were warranted. Doctrinal Discussion Forums are, I think, the best training grounds we have as Bible Students, and not as many take advantage of that as they should. But what we can say of those that do, is that they have a stronger desire to understand better and they spend more time in the Word than most.

So in the immortal words of my friend Bilbo Baggins...

...Good-bye.

And...

God bless.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're a Hobbit??? :laugh:

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Sorry to hear you are leaving.

Consider a break or a sabbatical.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis, IMO, you're taking yourself too serious which we all everyone are prone to do. Give it a break and come back refreshed brother. You're doing neither yourself nor the rest of us any good with a permanent departure.

#10 kyredneck, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like Bob Ryan I only know less than he, which is nothing, <of the history behind this>.

But when I saw you are <<W... F..., JUNIOR, it made all necessary sense to me.

I am almost 100% sure, we shall see you back again, may be much sooner than you may be thinking.

Cheers, young chap ... and Godspeed!