1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I could use some prayer about a particular matter.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Scarlett O., May 23, 2011.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been retired for a year and do not like it. I won't give you the long sob story. I miss work. I miss teaching - badly. I crave it. That's the long story made short.

I had a job interview today for a middle school position next year in a dream school. It's a dream job. With a several Christian faculty and staff. They are offering me my choice of grade levels and my choice of content areas. I should be jumping over the moon.

I am excited, but only want to make the right decision. Please pray that I do. Please pray for me to discern the will of God right now and to obey. I called about job openings Friday and the interview was today. I did not know at the time that the interviews were this week. I thought they would be sometime next month.

I have a bad spiritual habit of coming up with "good" ideas and asking God to put His stamp of approval on it. I don't think it works like that. But a verse from Sunday School yesterday has been speaking to me.

Colossians 3:17 - "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father."

How much are we to rely on what God tells us to do - verbatim - and how much to we choose ourselves and perform that task in His Name and under His direction? This is what I struggle with. And when I tell you struggle - that's an understatement.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

This and you are in my prayers!!

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying for you, Scarlett!

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for praying.

I have a call-back interview today at 1:00 with a larger part of the school board. The first round was just with the personnel committee.

They interviewed scads of people but only have 5 positions open. They are calling back the 8 that they feel would be good for the positions and are interviewing us again today. That means three people will not be hired.

Pray for me. I may be one of those people who don't get the job. If it is me, it's not financially critical. But for someone else who may not be hired - it might be critical for them, I don't know.

I do want the job - very badly. But I want God's will most of all.

Just pray for the 8 of us today that God's will be done.

5. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying here too!

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

What a great attitude, we are so proud of you for desiring God's perfect will!
    Lord, we pray for your perfect will for these 8 people who are applying for a job in which all of the desire! We ask for your perfect will and the best people for the job! In the name of Jesus we pray. AMEN.:praying::1_grouphug:

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you so very much for your prayers. I got the job. My first choice was math and my second choice was science and I was offered the science position.

I feel good about it and feel like this is where I need to be. I have a real sense of peace that I haven't had on a long time.

Thanks for your prayers.

8. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great! To God be the glory!

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I just got on to see how the Lord has answered prayer!!
    Congratulations!!