1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Desire Help Developing a Theological Work I am Writing

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, May 21, 2018.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of the churchgoers may in fact be saved and deceived, the Spirit is in the midst of disciplining and rebuking them. I should know this as I was a churchgoer at a NAR church recently. But I have a hard time believing a church leader in an unbiblical movement knows God at all. They are even judged by a higher standard according to the Word. Like Hus and Menno Simon's I believe they will wake up to the truth one day.

#21 Steven Yeadon, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Study the Assemblies of God though, as they do uphold the Gospel and sound doctrines, save for free will salvation and misunderstanding on Gifts, especially tongues/second act of grace, They have renounced word of faith, extra revelation, name it claim it also though!

3. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been an attender of an Assembly of God megachurch in Orlando in the past. I think the AoG can be compared to the Seventh Day Adventists in terms of deception, because of AoG doctrines that struck me as wrong. For instance, there is a huge drive for all leaders to be "baptized by the Holy Spirit" to be leaders. That means under the sway of a demonic power to be a leader. There are AoG prophetic vision's and words, though very rare. Health and wealth "Gospel" abound. The Fidelity to the bible is more like the Mainline Protestants. This may not be true in the whole denomination, but the church I went to would be one I avoided in the future.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Their Second Act of Grace is due to misunderstanding the differences between the indwelling/infilling of the Holy Spirit, as they tie the infilling to being Baptized and evidenced by tongues!

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steven,

I have counseled a few even here on the BB about how and what to do next. I think, if I were you, I would write out a well thought out "Preface." It will help clarify your thoughts, give you the idea as to whom you are writing, and most importantly; why you are writing. Then you can rewrite, edit, and refine the Preface and use it as a roadmap from which to finish and fill out the book.

My thoughts! Yours?

rd

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That sounds like an excellent idea. However, I have decided to put the project on hold to study the Word more in an inductive bible study of the NT and Book of Proverbs. I have gotten a lot of advice to ground my beliefs before righting about them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With so many topics and lots of detail you might want to look into some sort of software to help in organization of your information. There are several out there that might be of use to you. Look them over and see what you think. It depends on how your brain works, if you are an organizational nut it might not help much but if you are a little unorganized it might save you from total frustration.

Since you seek to assist in HIS kingdom be sure to check with Him in the final direction for your work.

Going to work on it now might have some benefits. It will give you experience/ideas as you go along. You can easily edit out error as you find truth in the Word.

8. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem like a person that needs a lot of attention. Not a healthy way to live.

Aarons advice to you should be heeded.

9. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post #6 shows I am heeding his advice.