1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I feel like a Gr8Ape, let alone a GrapeApe

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Just Andrew, May 27, 2008.

1. Just Andrew

Just Andrew New Member

Hello, Baptists!

I feel like a Gr8Ape introducing myself to strangers who don't even know I exist, (or why), let alone a GrapeApe, but here goes!

I've been peeking at you all through the windows, trying to eavesdrop (I'm inquisitive..what can I say?), then this guy at the door said, come on in and introduce yourself, then you can eavesdrop from the inside, and hear properly (or was that just my amagination?). Hope you don't gave xenophobia, as I'm not from anywhere near anything near your parts.

I'm South African, live right down near the tip of Africa. Born again 20 years ago, baptized in a Charismatic church, visited a conservative Baptist church at one time, and now I attend a Curch of England Evangelical church for convenience sake, where the doctrine would probably be the same as the conservative Baptists, except that they baptize babies and sprinkle with water. I don't agree with it, but I've agreed to disagree, if you know what I mean?

In South Africa, the Anglican church and the Church of England are two completely separate denominations - the split occurred during the first half of the 20th century. "Church of England in South Africa" is Evangelical and very Bible-based, aside from the infant Baptism business.

I've been on a different Forum for a few days (a U.K based Forum), and it was my first time ever on a Forum, but atheists were allowed to drop in at that Forum and attack God, His Word and His people, and "Christians" were allowed to argue against the extent of the inspiration of the Biblical scriptures (in other words, whether the Bible is part inspiration/part man's imagination!). Another "Christian" was arguing that all religions are equal before God.

I didn't like it, so I went searching for another Forum. Hope you guys don't mind.

I'll be eavesdroppping...

Just Andrew.

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello Andrew,

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Blessings,
    §ue :)

4. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Welcome, Just Andrew! Hope you enjoy the fellowship here!

5. mparkerfd20

mparkerfd20 Member

:wavey:

Welcome to the board. I don't think you'll find it as rough as a going as the UK boards you described here. Hope you enjoy your "eavesdropping".

6. Just Andrew

Just Andrew New Member

Hello again everyone

Thanks for your welcome, everyone. Made me feel a lot better - hard barging in on a group of strangers who didn't even know you exist.

Please bear in mind if my responses are really slow that I'm in a very, very different time-zone - 2 hours ahead of GMT.

God bless,
    Just Andrew.

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Welcome from the Great Pacific Northwest. You will do well here.

Lots of resources and helps on my site, you are welcome to visit anytime.:godisgood:

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!

9. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Hi there.

What was the UK forum called? I used to post on a UK-based forum but it seemed that anti-theists were tolerated too much... sometimes I think we are a bit too liberal in the UK, as opposed to the Americans who might be a little aggressive.

Luckily, there are not really any prominent atheists/anti-christian types on here, and even if there were there would be plenty of people to argue with them, hopefully in a firm but polite manner.

You get a few minor feuds on here and the occasional banning but on the whole its quite a friendly place.