1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I feel like I can talk to you guys

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by JacquelineDeane55, Jul 1, 2017.

1. JacquelineDeane55

JacquelineDeane55 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been persecuted for my faith.

I admit that it has hurt me emotionally, people who were mean to me made me cry a lot and shook me up emotionally.

They don't even care about my feelings.

But on here where I am around fellow believers, I feel much more safe...kind of like a camaraderie.

So other Christians around the world who are also persecuted for their faith, I kind of understand what they are going through.

Guys, why are people so mean? Why do they hurt and attack you because you don't believe the same way they do? I don't think GOD wants us to hurt one another, I don't remember reading that "hate" was fruit of the Spirit. I thought love was...

Anyone who has also been persecuted for their Christianity, probably understands what I am going through.

GOD wants me to give the gospel to people, and for weeks I have been doing just that but I have experienced opposition from others. I suspect this is the non-believing crowd, the crowd that Satan uses to hurt Christians like me.

Can you guys comfort me? I want to believe that everything will be alright in the end.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Jacqueline,
    I'm sorry to learn that you feel you've been mistreated.
    I can offer you John 16:33 and 2 Timothy 3:12. You will need to be a bit more specific in order for me to offer you anything else.

3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank You for sharing the Gospel. We are living in an IT Age where everything good is under attack with disinformation. It's no longer about hiding Christ, it's now about hiding who Christ really is. I'd believe it'd be easier to witness to someone that had never heard of Christ than it is to witness to someone who had been fed false information about Christ. Perhaps this is why a falling away is prophesied. Apostates have done their evil work of distorting the Truth. Rejection and persecution by the world is the path that Jesus trod. We are to follow the same path. But Jesus walks that path with us. We are never alone.

4. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Jacqueline and welcome. Anytime you need encouragement,
    stop on by. :)You're certainly not alone in this.