1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I feel like I've had an epithany

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Lisa Chambers, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Lisa Chambers

Lisa Chambers New Member

So I've been going to a Baptist Church for 3 weeks my past has been very Anglican I know my books I know most stories I've read out passages in church every Sunday however I've always considered myself a Christian up until I lost my partner in April. 13 how angry I was angry at god jealous of happy families I've drunk I've behaved outrageously!! I then preceded to have an abusive relationship which resulted in myself and children being moved away from everything we have ever known so I've joined church never have I know the Bible be related so much to real life I've now realised my exs were part of God's plan I've been living in Adams nature not true nature I've relinquished salvation due to my barriers and anger in accepting god I haven't been able to use the holy spirit to enable.me to live in jesus way u feel I've had so much enlightenment recently not enough to feel born again but enough to reacher god and study more and try to live more like jesus. Now I don't see myself as a Christian but more as someone who needs more study and practice should I take communion

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.Luke 19:10

"But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ Luke 18:13

Your need is not more study or more practice but assurance of regeneration and conversion. It seems you have discovered you are a sinner and I pray it is due to God showing you (Matthew 11:25-30).

Repent and believe the Gospel, cry out to Christ for mercy, forgiveness and assurance of true salvation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

It's sounds like you've come to a turning point and that's wonderful! Going through difficult times can fundamentally challenge our beliefs and you went through the dark times and learned from them. Perhaps you are coming full circle but are now experienced and learned? Be encouraged by all that you've learned and use all that enthusiasm to continue to grow :).

"...to reacher god and study more and try to live more like jesus." this is wonderful! God bless you.

4. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

I am glad that you have found your way to God and found a church who makes you feel like your life is changing. It is indeed and things will only get better from where they are now. God bless you are you continue to grow and lean.