1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Found This Midwest Center of Theological Studies...

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by TCGreek, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I found this seminary through email exchange. I went to their site; it seems to be solid, but it has decided not to seek secular accreditation but ATRS accreditation.

What are your thoughts on this one guys? The MidWest Center of Theological Studies in Kentucy.

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

I personally know several of the men associated with it. They're top notch with good credentials. I'm quite impressed.

Their accreditation statement is interesting:

Present Status
    Due to our purpose and desire to operate free of subjection to outside influences, MCTS has chosen not to pursue accreditation with any regional or national agencies. MCTS is committed to provide and maintain academic standards equal to or higher than those held by accredited institutions. Several accredited institutions have agreed to transfer course work from MCTS to their institutions if a student desires to complete his studies elsewhere. These institutions at present include: Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Toronto Baptist Seminary, and Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia. We are confident that this list will grow in the near future.

Bill

#2 Broadus, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2007
  3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Yes, I noticed they have solid profs. No doubt about that!

4. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Sam Waldran

To whomever would have an interest:

I just came from the "Building Bridges" Conference on Calvinism at the Lifeway/Ridgecrest Conf Center in North Carolina. Dr. Sam Waldran spoke and did a magnificent job on Limited Atonement.

I would recommend the school to any and or all who want this type of education for the pastorate. This is not your typical "in house" Bible college. And it definitively NOT your "Fundy" funny farm variety.

If any of you know me or Broadus (above) and have faith in what we might say because of past experiences on the BB, you can trust this program. But my advice to you is this: "Gird up the loins of your mind," 'cause you gonna work some!! when you go there!

I got to meet Dr. Waldran via an introduction by a mutual friend. I think it is a good program and would commend it to any seeking this type of venue.

For what it is worth!

sdg!:thumbs:

rd