1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Hate Mondays...

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

That is just what all of my ministry courses have recommended. Friday off instead of Monday.

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

All this discussion just goes to prove that God Called us in our uniqueness and in spite of our uniqueness and there is no "one size fits all" mold that we all fit into.

Sitting here barefooted in my T-Shirt and Shorts enjoying my second cup of coffee at 8:41 Central Time on my day off.

Eat Your hearts out Monday Workers!

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think you are right....God has created each of us in a different way and there is no one way to do things.

Enjoy that coffee, I am going to get me some. [​IMG]

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

WellllLL

Don't tell me that my mondays are gonna get that bad ...

5. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Mondays are good days. I get to process what happened the day before. I get to make contacts with visitors on that day, write letters to students who haven't been around in a while, and do all of my busy work.

Now, Fridays, we get off. (All of the ministerial staff are off, but we rotate who is on call for the weekend, so he comes to the office in the morning.) It's wonderful, and has become a literal day of rest for me.

6. hvnhlpr

hvnhlpr New Member

I really enjoy not going into the office on Mondays. Nothing beats spending the whole day with my three-year old son.

7. PastorDave

PastorDave New Member

Just wanted to say to all you guys that goofed off on Monday. My sermon work is done and I'm heading out to spend the day with my wife. See ya all later.