1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I have a dumb question....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scarlett O., Feb 18, 2021.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who believed any translations were inspired before the KJVO movement then?

2. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is NOT about the KJV. I've told you this many times.

3. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    The apostles, of course.

4. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can something inspired and preserved not be inspired, pray tell.

If it's not inspired, how can it be the word of God, pray tell.

Seminary education kills Biblical common sense.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They recorded down inspired text, try again!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would God then ONLY inspire the Kjv, and nothing before or after it?

7. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To give credit where it is due, there is no real evidence of that. George Antonios has a valid point that there is no scripture that says “God ceased to protect His Holy Word after the autographs were written”. Where he goes beyond scripture is insisting that all Bibles MUST be divinely inspired in their translation. Scripture does not say that either.

To me, this is an issue like the salvation of those that die at birth ... where scripture is silent, we have only human speculation and trust in God to fall back on.

Personally, I believe that God protected His word. I believe that the 66 books included are the ones that God desired to be included and those omitted, God wanted omitted. I believe that it is no accident that the word of God gets translated into the vernacular language of the people; rather I believe that God deliberately raised up extraordinary men at appointed times to carry out His work of keeping the Word available to men. I believe that it is no accident that so many transcripts were preserved that we can compare them and know what words were in the original autographs with greater than 90% accuracy and what words have been added. As time has gone on, we have come closer to the original autographs rather than further away and NONE of the questionable or added texts change any important Christian biblical belief or teaching.

So whether every single word in every English translation was “God-breathed” or not ... the WORD (that LIVING thing within God’s Holy Scripture), that has the power to transform people from the inside out, is no less present in the NASB than it is in the 100 year old ASV, than it is in the 400 year old KJV, than it is in a First Century letter bearing the original signature of the Apostle Paul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Originals were inspired and inerrant, while valid translations would be Infallible and trustworthy!