1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Have a Gut Feeling.................

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The American Dream, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The polls are dismal.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

I have a gut feeling that Donald will pull out a slim electoral majority. No idea why that seems likely, but maybe it is the fact that I have more faith in the American people on election day than I do talking heads on TV and cable. It is impossible to wrap your mind around electing a common criminal guilty of treason, perjury, theft and murder to the highest office in the land. IMO, a vote for Clinton shows a total lack of respect for the Presidency, and a mindset that freedom and liberty are cheap.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not likely, however there are possibilities because there are a couple of unknown variables which most on both sides admit will have an impact. e.g. the Bernie Orphans, they are truly anti-establishment and are very upset with the "rigged" primary system of "super delegates".

Will they get revenge by voting for the Donald? Maybe some, but more likely they will probably stay home and lick their wounds and doing this will probably insure Hillary's victory but no knows for sure who will best be affected by this. Depends on the revenge numbers versus the stay-at-home and sulk orphans.

Another possibility (I have family members in the group) is that their are many Trumpeters who have simply clammed up, won't talk about the election except with like minded folks. My wife is one of these types. She won't participate in polls (some polls are not polls but propaganda ploys). Again no one knows for sure what this impact will produce.

Another slim possibility is that polls are mainly done on landlines and no one is sure what the cell phone only that impact will produce either. This one is probably the best possibility because the online polls like Trump a lot.

The Alinsky/Soros group however has the mantra of "It's not scientific" . That's their way of saying "It's RIGGED!" :)

We'll just have to wait and see what the "rigged" general election brings forth.

If Trump wins then of course the Donald will say "we won even though it was rigged" :Biggrin

To be sure - the most interesting and unusual election in my life time.

HankD

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I think the Trumpster will win by a landslide. If Hillary wins, it simply means voter fraud of a scale heretofore unimaginable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Or some scarecrow will toss a bucket of water on her and rid us of her.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

6. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes we will see. After the campaign and character of Krispy Kream Christie it seems like New Jersey has been saying "we will see" for a long time. One thing we will see about is if the antics of the highway scandal ever come to light. Hillary Clinton is nothing but a common criminal guilty of treason, perjury, theft and probably conspiracy to commit murder. My only difference with Aaron is the degree to which Trump will win.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

We'll See - A Zen Story

[​IMG]There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit.

"Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.

"We'll see," the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses.

"How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed.

"We'll see," replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune.

"We'll see," answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

"We'll see" said the farmer.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Have a Gut Feeling.................

Try Tums.

9. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is well worth bringing this thread back to the front. For all who mocked my gut feeling, do you like your crow baked or roasted? Congrats, you all have the same insight as the polling companies and the talking heads on the national networks. Yep we have lots of political geniuses here. How could anyone with any common sense misread the American electorate this badly? Have a great evening.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I did too, but didn't want to say it out loud. I had dueling gut feelings.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.