1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I have a question...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scarlett O., May 17, 2007.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a new bible, the Chronological Bible. I LOVE it!! :applause:

I like the way that the author has the Old Testament law divided into categories and you read all about them topically.

Here's my question.

In Numbers 28, the people were required to make daily burnt offerings. One lamb in the morning and one at twilight along with grain offerings.

In Leviticus 17, it says that all burnt offerings had to take place at the Tent of Meetings (Tabernacle) and that anyone who did not do this was to be cut off from his people.

So....how did these people do this twice a day if they lived miles and miles away from the Tent of Meetings?

I'm not disputing the facts, I just want to understand them better.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess one would be corporate requirement, and the other would be individual requirements.

Like I said, I guess......

no doubt a scholar somewhere would have written about this.

Or maybe one of the old preachers would have expounded on this in one of his sermons.

Try researching Gill, Spurgeon, Ryrie, and others.

#2 pinoybaptist, May 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007