1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I have an Issue!! Your advices would be greatly appreciatted!!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    (post deleted by S.O.)

#21 Scarlett O., Nov 14, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  2. rbell

rbell Active Member

xdx,

You're giving Tali advice that is based on bad information. HIV is not the common cold. The book this Wilder fella wrote, according to the summary, "Contains medical terminology with research updated as of May 1989." Not exactly up-to-date. Perhaps you should become more informed before making such strident comments.

Tali, be careful, yes. (See my post earlier). But there's no need for your brother to wear rags and yell "unclean!" at the city gate either.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I totally understand you. Why play with fire? I would also become totally paranoid and not touch anything.
    Your brother is playing russian roulette with his life! If he doesn't have aids yet it's a question of time until he gets it or do you think that they do not have sex anymore now where his friend has aids?

@ Scarlett

I hope my reply didn't offend you.

@ rbell

Okay, maybe he is referring to old data but who tells you that they aren't simply lying to us? There are people which believe that the hiv virus is man-made and maybe they're right.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I hate to say this because you are so close to your brother and he is the only family you have around. He doesn't appear to be defending your position with his mate. This means he is not trying to meet you half way or even attempting to accept your position. He wants you to accept his life stype, where is his understanding?

He is also letting his mate speak for him. When his mate sends you an email like that or slams the door in your face and your brother doesn't say anything, well, you know where his heart is.

You may just have to move on. It takes to two to have a relationship and that goes for family. If he won't work with you then there is not much you can do except keep experiencing the rejection. I am sure there are people in your Church that will be your family. That's what the bible means by a friend closer than a brother. Good luck to you and take care of that girl...

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not offended.

I erased my post because I felt it that in explaining to you where you misunderstood me was hijacking the thread.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Thats how I feel about it too, you have no real idea if what we are being told about aids is the full truth. And I dont want to find out the hard way. "Better safe than sorry".

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Better hiding behind a given interpretation of a Bible verse than actually having to treat homosexuals as humans loved by God, I suppose.

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm absolutely certain that this is (a) none of your business, and (b) protections exist against infection if they choose to employ them.

However, it would be interesting to know how you'd react to the idea that people can be gay and not have sex. Are they still sinning? Hmmm?

Oh, for ptiy's sake. Black helicopters and tinfoil hats now?

(a) who are "they," and (b) what gives "they" enough power to lie to everyone?

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The definition of a homosexual is one who has sex with those of the same sex. A homosexual who doesn't have sex is an oxymoron. This is not to say a former homosexual cannot be tempted, but if they do not lust or act out on this temptation, they are still just a former homosexual.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, everyone, meet Jack!

Hijack!

(Tali, sorry i helped get this off topic. My prayers are with you.)

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Wow.

This isn't worth responding to.

My apologies to Tali for the hijack. It obviously was not worth it.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Funny how you never respond to anything...just spread vitriol. You are a classic case of what a troll is.

13. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tali ---

The medical issue is a significant concern. My advice is to discuss this with your pediatrician. I haven't read anything on the board that would be of any assistance on this. Also, you didn't mention anything about your daughter's mom's thoughts on this. Of course, you would need to take her concerns into consideration.

Your relationship with your brother is a different issue. I think from a Christian standpoint, your goal is to love him and to share the Gospel. (I always try to remember that Jesus hung out with the publicans and the sinners, not the Pharisees.) Your brother will always be family and the Gospel is the only hope for him, for anyone for that matter.

Having homosexual family members is a difficult issue. Believe me, I know. Pray - and keep praying - that God will open the right doors for you with him. It will be difficult (impossible??) to share the Gospel if you have no relationship with him.

God's best,

FOS

14. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

God Bless!! Yes, for the Glory of God I share the Gospel with him everyday. When we talk no matter whats it about I bring God in the conversation. I have even taken him to church with me several times. He used to smoke 4 packs of cigarrets a day and now he doenst smoke, he used to drink a whole bunch but now he doesnt drink. He has come a long way and I know God will do it.
    All of you prayers will be appreciated towards him. He is hospitalized in the hospital, one of his kidneys is not working and the other one is only working at 30% and also they might have to do open heart surgery so he is a walking miracle. Doctors cant believe he is alive......but when GOD is in the issue... GOD can do anything.

15. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

That's good to hear. My only advice is to stress the Gospel. Not the smoking, not the drinking, not his sexuality. Simply the Gospel. The rest of it will take care of itself.

With his kidney problems, he should not be smoking or drinking anyway. Hopefully, he is on a transplant waiting list. God's best,

16. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

According to his Doctors, he wont survive a transplant. His next step is dialisis according to Doctors. However I know God is great and for GOD nothing is impossible.

17. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that my friend. Dialysis can take its toll. Hopefully, he can remain off dialysis as long as possible. Keep talking to him and keep praying.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What are the chances you can get him away from that mate of his? That sounds like the evil influence in his life.

19. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OR, what are the chances you can develop a friendship with his partner, thus influencing them both in a positive way?

20. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Ohh... definitely.. I am friends with him and have taken him to church as well. I also had a bible study at their home as well. His partner is a nice guy but anytime anyone says anything about their sin.. they get all defensive and pull out you are judging me because I am homosexual. I have never done that.. many in my family have judged them and stuff...but I cant.. if God forgave me who am I not to forgive my brother. I know God is awesome and I know GOD can and will do great things in their lifes.