1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I have Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Revmitchell, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hate to hear this brother. I will continue to pray for your recovery and blessings for you and your family.

Please, take care of yourself.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are you seeing a pulmonologist?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no.............................

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are yo doing better? Are they giving you breathing treatments?

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am on an inhaler, prednisone, and another round of anti-biotics

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe it's time to go. Going to one has made a world of difference for my husband (severe asthma) and for me too (I get lung issues when I get sick - enough that I have to go on strong meds to get me through the rest of the winter). I'd really recommend you find one.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't stay on prednisone very long as it has very serious long-term side effects. Take it exactly as directed.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man that prednisone has really kicked me in the backside. I have oly a couple more pills to take. I did not take one today because I am busy all day and cannot be down.

Part of my problem is I have moved and had to change doctors so the new doc, as in all cases, basically looks at this as if it is new even though I have been dealing with it since before Christmas. Very aggravating.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How long were you on the prednisone and what was the dosage schedule? DO NOT SKIP IT!!!!! Man, you need to keep up with it! I know how much it knocks you down - and it actually got my hubby into a 'roid rage this time around (he blew up like he never does but he was on 60 mg. a day at that point so I forgave him and chalked it up to the drugs - and he immediately apologized). I know when I get on prednisone, I'm down until I'm down to the 10 mg. a day. It's horrible when I'm on the higher doses!!

But yeah, a pulmonologist is really the way to go if you get this severe. Bob went to his 2 days after getting sick and the doctor put him on serious meds because he knows the deal - this will get worse before it gets better unless you send out the troops to get after it!! I'd highly recommend it if this happens to you each year.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I skipped it today, it was a 7 day run. I will pick it back up tomorrow. I already missed a funeral I was supposed to do. I have two days let on it and my anti-biotic.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bob was on it for 2 weeks and had 2 refills!! I actually filled one of the refills so we have it on hand. He finished the first prescription and didn't need any more so he quit taking it.

12. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Prednisone reduces inflamation in the pulmonary tissue. If you went a day without it, you wont do any good to take another dose, afterwards. It is meant to be taken in a reductive dose, and over a very short period of time....normally 7 days.
    The antibiotic knocks out your immune system, and the invasive virus feeds on the steroid, so you might wanna ask if you should take another dose, at this point.
    This is serious.

But first, you are commanded to go to the elders of your church.

Have you?

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First I am not commanded to go to the elders of my church. And I am the elder. So even if your doctrine was true then yes I have gone to myself.

14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right Prophet. Prednisone is one medication where it is extremely important to take it exactly as instructed. To do otherwise is quite unwise and can be very damaging. These are not caulk pills, these are very strong medications. It cannot be emphasized enough to take them exactly as instructed.

For me personally this is one medication I would avoid whenever possible and take only if it were deemed as totally necessary.

Prednisone is not child's play stuff!!!

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a prayer request thread. It is not for doctrinal discussion nor a debate on medications. Behave yourselves.

16. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Whoa. Roid rage alert.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know it's frustrating but please take what is being said in love.

I would definitely go to some of your church leaders (I know you are the pastor but there must be some deacons or elders or trusted men in your congregation) and ask them to lay hands on you and pray for you. We've done this many times and while it doesn't always lead to healing, I think it does connect us in a different way to God and each other. But I've also seen amazing healing come about after this, my own daughter included.

And the info on the medication is spot on. It's VITALLY important to stay on it as directed. As you taper off, it get easier but it's SUPER important to follow the doctor's directions. PLEASE take care of yourself. As I have said before, start looking for who you can groom to take the pulpit next time you are this sick!! Even one or two men who can be trusted with that responsibility will ease your mind in the future.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am done with the prednisone and I have a couple days left on the anti-biotic. My coughing has improved greatly the last couple of days.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm so glad!! You've been down so long!

20. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's great news!

Please take it easy for the next few weeks so you don't have a relapse. I know you are tired of being sick and want to be normal again, but your body has been through a lot these past months.