1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I have two questions for KJVOist.

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by David J, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a liar. The Trinity is not occult. And the lead OT translator has been a professor at Tennessee Temple Seminary (Independent, Fundamental Baptist) for a long long time.

And posting a fake URL that doesn't lead anywhere is typical of you.

2. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Your Questions have been answered ! Next

3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we know you are, but thank you for finally admitting it. Have you repented and apologized yet?

4. David J

David J New Member

Tcassidy you are playing into his hands. He wants this thread off topic.

just ignore him. It is seen by all that he is not being honest.

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why do you continue to serve Satan?

6. william s. correa

Constance Cumbey, author of The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow and a notable authority on the New Age Movement, said, "On the cover of the Aquarian Conspiracy is a Mobius, it is really used by them as triple six (666). The emblem on the cover of the New King James Bible is said to be an ancient symbol of the Trinity. The old symbol had Gnostic origins. It was more Gnostic than Christian. I was rather alarmed when I noticed the emblem..." (The New Age Movement, Southwest Radio Church, 1982 p.11)

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know, but I have a few minutes to spare before Prayer Meeting and I just love poking holes in gas filled buffoons. I think it might be my spiritual gift! [​IMG]

8. william s. correa

the text above was by Terry Watkins

9. David J

David J New Member

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another liar heard from. Anybody with an IQ greater than his hat size can Google "mobius" and see that it is an entirely different symbol from the triqueta.

11. william s. correa

I know, but I have a few minutes to spare before Prayer Meeting and I just love poking holes in gas filled buffoons. I think it might be my spiritual gift! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Repent, Repent, For the Kingdom of God is at Hand!

12. william s. correa

Another liar heard from. Anybody with an IQ greater than his hat size can Google "mobius" and see that it is an entirely different symbol from the triqueta. </font>[/QUOTE]Sure and i'm suppossed to beleive you who hides behind the KJB but denies the Power of God. You Whited Wall!Repent!

13. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

My soul, I'm embarrassed, I want to apologize. I didn't know brethren would come here and resort to attacking and calling each other liars and such.

I simply believe the KJB is the preserved Word of God in the English language. I have provided a few Scripture references as my basis and I'm sticking to that. If anyone doesn't believe that way but knows that he is saved, Great! Let's keep working for Jesus and this issue will be revealed/worked out in heaven.

I have no animosity or mean-ness toward anyone that disagrees with me.

Be blessed.

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Back in 1975-1976 i was told about this debate. A preacher came to my church and sold me on the idea. It made sence to me. I was only around 18 years old and I had never heard of the TR. It sounded like the whole world was out to attack my Bible. They wanted to distroy the truth. The world must know!!

I read books on KJV and thought I knew alot. Back then the debate was over the Greek text. I just could not get all the infomation needed to understand it all. Any book i bought had to be from the TR. Yes...i was very bias toward the KJV. I then took up study of the Greek. I do not know Greek that well...that is not the point. The point is, this hurt my cause. The books I had read were lying or did not have a clue what they were talking about.

Still..i felt it was right for me to go on. I thought maybe the truth could be found in history. I bought every book I could on church history. I study all I could on Greek history. I traced the "line" as close as I could. I was limited in my studies, yet I got a good understanding of the flow of things. This weakens my case more.

It is a long story, no need to share it all. I'm here with this post telling you...do not waste your time on this stupid position of worshipping a translation. You say.."But I have read a book on it. My preacher told me. This web site says..."

YES...bias lies...half truths and lies. If you are looking for the truth..why should there be any lies? Yet these books do nothing but lie and mislead.

Today this has become nearly a comic play. There is little talk of the Greek now. Some even say do not trust the Greek for the KJB is better. How foolish can this get? How low will this go? I read some of this tread and I do not know if I should laugh or pray for God to remove this blindness from their eyes. Sometime I think its just lack of education. Then there are a small few that are smart men and should know better, yet has choosen to go down this path. Why? I can not understand it.

LOOK....do you really want to know the truth? Do you? I mean, are you just defending a translation ...because your pastor says something...OR...do you want to be sure?

If any one wants to know..there are ways to find the truth.

STUDY....STUDY...STUDY.....pray....and ask God to lead you.

15. David J

David J New Member

Phat answer this for me:

Since KJVOism is not found in the KJV and by reading the KJV no one would come to KJVOism, what is your authority that is equal to Scriptural support for KJVOism?

The Scriptures you posted said nothing about the KJV and I can easily apply them to the Geneva Bible of 1599.

All I'm seeking is an answer that is consistent and honest without double standards.

16. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:Ok but the only place in the "ENTIRE" book and they decided to change it Come on! Why?

Very simple, Sir...Modern English.

If you looked up the definition of "spoudazo"(spoudadzo) & the archaic definition of "study" as I suggested, you'd know why. Whoever's KJVO bunk you've been reading is making the classic KJVO mistake of trying to fit the current meaning of given words onto those same words as they were used 400 years ago.

And the blood ommitted over 60 times that I can count, Why?

Usually, because the sources being translated don't have it in them. And YOU asked how many times God hasta say something for it to be true. And I believe you know full well that no valid version omits Jesus' blood entirely.

What is that weird symbol in the front pages any ways ?

If you're referring to the NKJV, it's called the triquetra. It was once used by Christians to sign letters to one another, indicating the HOLY TRINITY. Now, before ya start finding its earlier pagan uses, please remember that the SWASTIKA useta be a symbol for GOOD.

I Know creatinists use that version but if it wasnt Broken why fix it?

Yeah, why replace the GENEVA BIBLE?

you notice that the devil only takes away from the Word for he Knows that if something is added a Scholar such as yourself will notice it right away so he Ommits, deletes, removes with out a reason cause he gave you something that looks good, reads well, feels good, and maybe is Ok

Howdya know he didn't do that with the KJV? he certainly made a MYTH about it!

but I 'm not taking any chances cause the Devil appears as an Angel of Light, but he was a murderer from the beggining, the Father of lies! So then I will not compramise my position I have gone too far to turn back now! Thanx and God bless

Sounds like a murderer who thinks he's sinned too much to be forgiven. You can kick the KJVO myth any time while still sticking to the KJV alone! There are many here who do that, such as C4K & Doc Cassidy. You CAN dump the myth while keeping your Bible!

Try it...Ya might LIKE it!

17. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Gas filled buffoons......HAHAHAHA

Doc is getting sweeter in his old age. That's prolly the nicest thing that could be said about this garbage!

All these threads, all these questions avoided.

Will anyone of the KJVO address the OP? If you feel you have, please, set us fools straight! Copy and paste the DIRECT answer, and I will lEAD the call for repentance.

I have no doubt Doc will follow, cuz if William has actually answered the question, and we missed it, Doc and I are the dumbest humans alive.

18. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

So you think the TR is wrong? It says λαμπρον which means "bright." It is the Greek word we get our English word "lamp" from. </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you Dr. Cassidy,
    Might I also add from an engineer's point of view, white light is light with ALL of the colors in the visible spectrum. Therefore, the translation is extremely accurate in that it says "many bright colors".

19. David J

David J New Member

An honest answer is always better than evasion and spin. If you can't produce the Scriptural support then admit it. If you can't produce your source then admit it and admit it is personal preference.

Saying the Holy Spirit will lead you to the KJV is adding to the Scriptures. Sorry but I don't see the Holy Spirit telling me my NASB(1995) is wrong. I can easily say that after leaving the KJVO Camp that the Holy Spirit lead me to the NASB. I would be just as wrong as a KJVO who says the same thing.

Either way my questions are aimed at honest KJVOist who will research the facts and pray about my questions. An honest person will always seek the truth. When I was KJVO I could not accept double standards and evasion as an answer to my questions when I started questioning KJVOism. I left KJVOism because it is eaten up with many dishonest authors and distortions of the facts.

David J

20. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This topic is hereby closed; due to the fact that some people (one) just cannot seem to abide by the rules of the BB. This will NOT be tolerated. I am sorry to the rest of you, but the rules must be upheld and this is a sad case where one person causes everybody restrictions.

As a public notice, I will see what can be done to prevent this from continuing.

For the non-rule-breakers, I humbly ask for your patience and wish to thank you for understanding the reasons for shutting down your threads.

Phillip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.