1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I hear you from Hell.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by jim62, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jim62

jim62 New Member

Ezekiel 33:8 (Read all of Ezekiel 33)

When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

I'v been saved for 24 years, next month 25. I remember about less than 2 years when I first got saved. I was at work, having a bad day, and a co-worked came to me and said, what's this I hear you being a Christian, so I said yea and walked away. 1 week later that man died at home. I can't help some times to think if I was his last chance, for him to come to know Christ. So please don't ever pass up the chance to tell someone about Jesus

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

powerful testimony, thanks for the reminder.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Wow - something we have all done at one time or another. There are opportunities all around us! Thanks for sharing,
    Tater

4. jim62

jim62 New Member

Being a new Christian at that time, and not knowing much of the bible. God gave Ezekiel 33:8 to me some time after that had happened. Another thing that comes into play is, PLEASE Don't leave a new Christian to themself. I didn't know that I had to get into a good bible believing church or be baptized or read Authorized King James Version 1611. I'v had alot of hard roads.
    think about it, would you let your 1 or 2 year old go to the mall by themself??

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Boy Scouts have a motto that should be applied by every Christian..."BE PREPARED". We don't know when the next opportunity for presenting a Christian testimony to a lost person may appear. It could be over the phone. It could be in Wal-Mart. It could be at work. IT COULD BE IN CHURCH!

I try to keep several Bible versions close by almost everywhere I go. (I do NOT believe in using those little "pocket testaments"; I use only WHOLE Bibles.) But my # ONE RULE is to ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT to guide my speech as He chooses whenever I'm presenting the Gospel. There's no way, with just my limited intellect, that I can say the right words on my own to a member of a pseudo-Christian cult such as the JWs or LDS.

Otherwise, I try to set an example as much by what I DON'T do as with what I do. I do NOT drink alcohol or do drugs; I do NOT 'cuss' any more, etc. but I don't make any big deal about it nor look down my nose at those who DO do those things. I believe a snooty, 'Holier-Than-Thou' attitude turns people off to hearing & believing the Gospel presented by such a person almost as much as being a hypocrite does.

I useta work with a man whom I believe was as devout a Christian as ever lived, but whenever he heard the smallest "cuss word" he performed some exaggerated set of histrionics, and I don't EVER recall his leading one person to Christ. He was quite the object of derision, and some men would stand around a corner out of his sight, but knowing he could hear them, cuss up a storm, & laugh at him when he plugged his ears with his fingers & performed some kinda dance.

I was most impressed by a co-worker who was a pastor, quietly letting it be known he was a pastor, never preaching to anyone while at work, but always ready to witness, fellowship, etc. as time at work permitted. That man had just about the whole Bible memorized, but when he quoted a verse, it was in modern English that didn't exactly match any known English version. "Purists" sometimes mocked him for that, but he knew the MEANINGS of the various passages as well as anyone I'd ever known. I learned to "be prepared" by HIS example of quiet dignity and knowledge, and even though I cannot hold a candle to him dignity-wise, I follow his example of not trying to ram the Gospel down anyone's throat. I consider one of my jobs for God to be to prepare one to receive the gospel so when it's presented by me or someone else, the person willingly and eagerly ingests it & allows it to permeate their whole being. THE GOSPEL CANNOT BE FORCE-FED to anyone to cause them to BELIEVE it.

BE PREPARED...but don't shoot without a target!

6. steveo

steveo New Member

It is true we will be held accountable for what we do and don't do, but you can't beat yourself up for that person not going to heaven.
    The bible says God calls and Jesus said who the the father calls, will come. If we mess up , God will use someone or something to reach that person even if its a rock.
    I've heard people say we are responsible for a person going to hell, but God can and will save people without you or me.
    We could beat ourselves up day and night saying we should be going door to door 24hrs a day,quit our jobs, and if not we are responsible for people going to hell.
    God does want to use us, but if we resist or don't pay attention, he will use someone else to witness.
    Also, Ezek is talking about someone God specifically asked to watch.
    The bible is clear individuals are resonsible for going to hell.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

<<<I didn't know that I had to ...read Authorized King James Version 1611.>>>

You DON'T have to read the KJV ONLY. Only people that speak english read the only "authorized" Bible in the world?

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has not only chosen MEN, He has chosen the MEANS of our witness to share the wonderful Gospel with EVERYONE we can.

Good reminder.

9. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

While in prison a young man saw my walk and was drawn to ask me tons of "spiritual" questions. His mother was a Temple Mormon.
    Over several months I answered every question with the Bible.
    Eventually I paroled and a few weeks later so did he. We ended up in the same 1/2 way house together. More questions and answers. But somehow or other, we never "got around" to the straight gospel.
    2 years later, he re-offended and went to jail. It was then that I learned that he must of thought his situation as hopeless. He hanged himself in his cell. Toby "haunts" me to this day and it has been 13 years.
    I don't let 'em "get away" anymore without a clear presentation of the gospel. The "watchman on the wall" must give a clear warning sound if he is to stir the "towns folks".
    I try to do that now. Lesson learned. [​IMG]

I won't preach without a gospel message. I won't answer "spiritual" questions without a gospel message. And I won't say why certain things offend me without a gospel message.

Thanks jim62 for the reminder that we ALL should be about the Father's business, alway.

In HIS service;
    Jim