1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Heard An Agnostic Ask These Questions...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by kiriath_jearim, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Petrel

Petrel New Member

No, that would have made me feel nauseated. :(

2. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

Answers:
    1.) He did not create humans in a sinful nature. They were without sin at creation. But God let them choose to sin. Love doesn't mean much if it isn't a choice. God wants us to choose to follow him.
    2.) God is not willing that any should perish, but he allows it. God allows people to be born and allows them to sin. But he is also HOLY and must punish wrongdoing. As far as knowing ahead of time, what would the world be like if all the non believers were never born? Circumstances would change and some of the now-believers would probably not be. Personally, I wouldn't get to far into it, but I hope that helps.

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Tell me why He commands us to love Him then JRG39402 please. :cool: What are the commandments? To love the Lord with all our being. What are His requests? What a choice He gives us a? Love me or go to Hell. :cool: Some choice man. HaHa!

Why did He create Hell then? Didn't He know that some would be burnt? He did? Then He must have been willing for some to perish and your understanding of the passage is faulty.

God must? Cool man. :cool: Are you going to tell Him? EZE 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. 22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live.

No punishment here for past sins.

john.