1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I know I'm on a break, but my area needs much prayer.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Scarlett O., Mar 15, 2016.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please pray for my area of north Louisiana and southern Arkansas.

We have experienced so much flooding in the past 7 days. It hasn't rained in the past two and a-half days, but so much damage has been done to so many.

I've never seen rains and flooding like this. And I've never seen people help each other like this. Ever.

Last Wednesday night, my mother's house began to leak and two rooms were really getting damaged. It was about 5:00 pm and she placed a call for help/tarping on Facebook. Within the hour men from her church were there with tarps and spent from 6:00 pm to 9:15 pm getting two tarps on her roof in the pouring down deluge and in the pitch black. She lives in the country and her outside light was out. Those men had spent the entire day sandbagging other people's homes - ALL day.

One of the men got a call that his mother's house (where is bed-ridden brother lives) was going under. He had to leave, of course. By the time they got there no one could get close to her road - so a grandson swam there and stayed with the elderly woman and her son until the rescue workers could get there and take them to the hospital. There house is now uninhabitable and the daughter will be taking them in.

We just heard that he bed-ridden brother passed away.

So much tragedy here and all across northern Louisiana. So many people are helping and have been helping the last 7 days. Churches are cooking for workers, people are taking people in, so many are working around the clock to ensure the safety and welfare of others.

My house came out unscathed. It's funny. You never pay attention to what it high ground and what is low ground when you are just going about your business. But when this happens - it's incredible to see the topography of what you thought was level ground.

Please pray for the families who lost loved ones - five to my knowledge. Pray for the thousands displaced and for the tireless workers and those opening their hearts and homes.

I'll see you all sometime in early September.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is so heartbreaking! I heard a call from Samaritan's Purse yesterday on KLOVE for people to come volunteer. I wonder if my friend's organization is showing up there soon. With that kind of damage, I'm sure they are. He has a non-profit disaster recovery organization.