1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

~ I Love My Wife ~

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 23, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I LOVE MY WIFE

It was 33 years ago today, that Shelly and I stood in Kearney Community Park and took vows that would take us to the point where we are today: Man and wife, best of friends and lovers forever!

You need to know, that 33 years ago, I entered this marriage knowing that I had two failed marriages under my belt, which left me cautiously optimistic as to my future with Shelly. I knew I loved her, and I knew she loved me, but within my heart, I also knew that two other marriages ended badly. Still, there was something different about Shelly, and as the years went by, I discovered that terms like soul-mate and love-of-my-life were more than mere words. The Lord led me to a woman who rolled up her sleeves and worked beside me in the ministry, willing to go where I was led by God. Shelly always supported my dreams, career changes and choices, and through it all, we grew closer and more in love with each passing day, and each trial we faced.

And the truth is, we did face trials. Even this last year was full of its unique trials and heartaches, and we needed all 32 years of marriage to get through the year with a deeper commitment to each other. As we lost three of our dear pets within a six-month time-frame, and then had to do a short-sale on the home we watched built from the ground up 19 years earlier, as well as finding a home within our limited budget, and the hard work of downsizing to make the move work, we found one more thing out about each other that we didn't know before. We were truly not two people working for a common good, but two people who because of trials and suffering losses had become one, sort of like the Bible says a man, and woman will be once married.

The last 33 years have gone by so quickly, yet the memories are more than I can begin to count. And if God allows it, it would not only be an honor but a blessing to spend another 33 years as her husband, friend and lover.

And if there's one thing I've learned about God over the last 33 years, it is that He can do anything, and because of that, I praise Him for a wife who has got to be the best thing to happen to me, since Jesus came it my heart!

:love2: :love2: :love2:​

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

This is great. Tell this to your wife I'm sure she would appreciate it.

3. Servent

Servent Member

A-Men that is great
    35 years last Jan. for myself and my wife

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Happy anniversary!!! 33 years together is wonderful. May you have many more!

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Congratulations brother! :wavey: :thumbsup:

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did....

....and she did :love2: :love2: :love2:

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

RD2- Congrats to you and Mrs. RD. May you see another 33.

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That....

....would be my wish too....but with all the changes going on in our society, country and culture, I feel more and more like a stranger every day! I don't like the changes to our morality, and I don't know if I really want to watch the country and world continue tis downward decline. :tonofbricks:

Still, with my wife by my side, I know if God grants them, 33 more years would be a blessing for sure, and He'd have a reason for keeping me around. Maybe to just be a burr under the saddle of all these liberal folks ruining a good thing :smilewinkgrin:

9. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh!! That's just great!!!

I pull up your OP just as my wife walks by. She's says, "oh, isn't that sweet? He must really love his wife....."

Now I'm going to have to do something just as nice....or nicer....:tonofbricks:

Nice post:thumbsup:

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm for hire.....

....as a writer, that is. Actually, just go to the heart of the matter, and the words will flow from years of thoughts and special memories. I trust you will will do well. Be sure to send me a copy, but in doing that don't forget to give a copy to your sweetheart! :smilewinkgrin: