1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I met Dr. Bob Griffin!

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Chick Daniels, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

It was my delight to have the opportunity to meet Dr. Bob in person for the first time. We had a great time talking about baptistboard and getting to know each other. I want to publically thank him, as well as the other moderators, for the tremendous work they do in keeping baptistboard running. I only wish, Dr. Bob, that we could have had longer to chat. While we all share a common bond here in our cyber-community, it was a great opportunity to see a fellow member in person, not just through the Graemlins- :D ;) [​IMG] [​IMG] :cool: :eek:

Best wishes,

Chick

2. Kathy

Kathy New Member

DETAILS DETAILS!!!

Kathy
    <><

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Were you able to look him directly in the eye or did you have to stand on a chair? :D
    da Gina

4. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

Gina,

Fortunately, we were both seated, and Dr. Bob slouched a little, so we were basically eye-to-eye [​IMG] I am guessing that he is about 6 ft 5 inches.

Kathy,

As to details, we just talked about some of the members on the board, some of the directions we felt that some threads were going. How the whole thing got started, how time consuming it is--especially for the moderators, and then we talked about my fake name "Chick Daniels" and how that got started. We talked some about our alma maters, and issues of the day. Speaking for myself, we had a great time.

Chick

5. Kathy

Kathy New Member

How did it happen that you two met? Was it planned? LoL - I'm a reporter for The "BB" Enquirer - cuz BB minds want to know! *hehe*

I didn't know that he was that tall...dang, he'd look like Sasquach next to me! LoL!

Kathy
    <><

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Was he wearing that flippin' tie??
    :D

7. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

8. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Good for you. I almost met him last year when I had to travel on business to MN (where he teaches).

9. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

Kathy,

If I told you the circumstances, then I might risk my anonymous status--something that I must maintain for personal reasons.

Best wishes,

Chick

10. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chick Daniels:
    Kathy, If I told you the circumstances, then I might risk my anonymous status--something that I must maintain for personal reasons.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it! [​IMG] Dr. Griffin and Chick are from the same state (WI). Would it be that they are from the same city, same church, and same family? Hence Chick was able to look into the eyes of Dr. Griffin 'cause he was looking into a mirror? It makes sense..... ;) ;) ;)

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like mild-mannered Clark Kent, I will add that Chick is a good man with a sharp discerning mind (if my vouching for anyone is a plus). Since my daughter is in the Milwaukee area, I was glad for the email to redezvous.

And for a fat guy, he doesn't eat much! Wish I could have stopped by Joy's up I-94 or gone up to Wausau. But we gotta get outta here; everybody on the road is wearing orange and toting large caliber weapons.

Remember, the opportunity to meet and share face-to-face in the real world instead of cyber-space, is a rare privilege. In the past, some have met angels in their unawares.

And no, Chick is very real Barnabas. I really do have my doubts about you and the so-called webmaster. Sent HIM a message and it was returned signed , "Barnabas".

Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

[ November 16, 2001: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

12. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Bob Griffin: And no, Chick is very real Barnabas. I really do have my doubts about you and the so-called webmaster. Sent HIM a message and it was returned signed , "Barnabas". Hmmmm. :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, sure Dr. Bob! Changing the subject and sweet talking won't get you out of this one. We wants proof! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

Having now met Dr. Bob, I confess that "Chick Daniels" would be a novel approach for Dr. Bob to have another way to express himself on the board. However, I can assure you that we are indeed distinct individuals. This could easily be proven by having each us post a message at exactly the same time.

Dr. Bob and I do agree on many (apparently most) core issues. Maybe this is so unusual for two Fundamental Baptists to agree that the natural conclusion is that we must be one person. :D

Chick

14. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problemo, Chick! I merely was trying to pull Dr. Bob's legs, as he is notorious in doing so to others himself! [​IMG] But the posting of an article at the same time is an intriguing proposition. If we will have any doubts later, we may ask you to do just that! :D

15. ken

ken New Member

I MET DR.BOB GRAY AND HIS SON BRO.BOB GRAY II !

16. ken

ken New Member

forgot to finish last one ooops! They are the only Dr. Bob's I know. I'm sure meeting Dr. Bob Griffin was a big thrill for you as was with me when I met the other Dr. Bob.

17. amblivion

amblivion New Member

Dr. Bob is way taller than me. When I was little, I was babysat by Dr. Bob Griffin's daughter. :D :cool:

18. jeronimo

jeronimo New Member

So was I. :cool: I also have been in classes that Dr. Bob has taught. :D

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And both of you have left Casper for greener pastures back East. If you call Nebraska back east! :eek:

Miss you guys. Church just isn't the same with some of the teens missing . . . :rolleyes:

Of course, it's better! :cool:

20. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Let's see. Dr. Bob taught them, then they left town. Do I see a pattern here? :D