1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need a distance learning bible college that is extremely affordable and accredited!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by ChristianMaker, Dec 15, 2011.

?
  1. Accredited

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. Non-Accredited

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    CM,

Did you tell us anything about calling, gifting, "what you want to be when you grow up" ministerially speaking?

Where would you like to be 20 years from now? Do you have the "heart of the pastor?"

All of these things could help you clarify what school to attend. If you decide now what your "calling" is then you can attend the correct school that will help you do the best at that job.

It is not altogether unlike what they told you when you graduated from high school. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Figure that out and then get the education that will get you the minimum entry level in that profession.

"My two cents worth!"

"That is all!" :smilewinkgrin:

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Without going back through the thread, I think he may have addressed this in the first couple of pages.

3. ChristianMaker

I am still not sure which one to pick?

4. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

What about now?

5. JBrock

JBrock New Member

CM:

I'm not sure if you ever got what you were looking for, but if you have a undergraduate degree you might consider Maranatha Baptist Seminary www.mbbc.edu/seminary . This is a regionally accredited program. They have one 100% online Master's degree in Bible. They also have an M.Div. program which can be taken in a combination of on-line and virtual (join the class live on your home computer). They have some really inexpensive introductory rates, and you will not find any regionally accredited M.Div programs at lower rates. Maranatha is Dispensational, Seperatist, and Unashamedly Baptist. If you don't have a undergraguate degree, they have a accredited BS degree-completion program (have to be 25+ years of age with 60 completed credits at undergrad level.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Luther Rice!!!

7. ChristianMaker

Hello everyone! I am back.

I still have not made a decision. However, I am ready to pull the trigger on something ASAP.

Since I created this thread I have learned a lot and have been blessed a lot.

I have started a community group in my local church, got a fabulous job and have been saving money, and have a baby on the way.

I am no longer trying to ever keep up with the Jones's or try to get the best of the best. I 100% just want a solid distance learning online program that is NOT accredited. I just care about reputation and honor. That if I graduate from their program that it will be respected and people will know that I received a good education.

I have already completed my BA with a 4.0, I am looking for a Master Degree.

I would go to Moody in a heart beat by here is no way I am paying 400.00 per credit hour for about 1200.00 per class. Not in this world.

So if you guys don't mind, I am looking for something extremely affordable because I am doing this just because I feel it is on my heart from God. I am looking at it like advance bible study with a certificate on the side after completing. Don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for that.

Please let me know what everyone thinks. It would be greatly appreciated.

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take a look at Landmark Bible College in Haines City, Florida.

9. ChristianMaker

That is what I am more leaning towards. Something a lot more affordable but respectable. I am more or less looking for something that is like an advance bible study for myself but I get a certificate at the end. However, I do not want to attend a Diploma Mill either.

Anyone else have any new schools that are affordable and yet respectable? Does not necessarily need to be accredited. Just at least have a good reputation of producing good Christian Students with sound doctrine.

10. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have a BA in biblical studies from Liberty through their online program. I'm still thinking about a master's degree but not sure if I can pursue it. I was recently in a very bad car accident that has essentially ended my working ability. So, since I'd probably never use a Master's in anything I doubt I will do it.

However, a degree from LU is well accepted in the SBC and IFB world.

11. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt OP is still around as that post is six or seven years old. If you want to do a masters with little money saved41199 I'd check out NationsU that are even accredited.