1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need help again SIGH

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by I Am Blessed 24, May 29, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am trying to reinstall my scanner and I keep getting the error message "Isset-se caused a general protecion fault in module setup.exe". Anyone want to try for a solution to this one?

Thank you so much,
    Sue

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Good luck! I mean, I'll pray for you about this. LOL
    I have no clue, mine wouldn't reinstall either. I think it's an evil plot to make us buy new scanners!
    Gina

3. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Go to windows and download new drivers. Click on WindowsUpDate. My computer does it automatically, but every once in awhile I will still go there.

I had to get new drivers for my printer a month ago.

This may not be it, but it could be.

Sherrie

You may have to go online and ask the tech of the company of your scanner what drivers you need.

4. Pastork

Pastork New Member

A few questions:

1. Did you previously un-install the scanner software? Or are you trying to re-install over the previous installation?

2. If you un-installed the scanner software previously, did you use Windows' add/remove or some other method of un-installing (such as Norton cleansweep, e.g.)?

3. Do you use a registry cleaner of some kind (e.g. RegCleaner or Norton WinDoctor)? Have you used such a program recently?

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Sherrie: Windows Update said no new drivers were available.

Pastork: I uninstalled the scanner software before I knew my 'D' drive was burnt out. I thought it was the scanner.

I used windows add/remove and several other things. I uninstalled everything I could find that had anything to do with the scanner in various areas of my pc.

I don't have a regular program like you mentioned. I called HP tech support and they want me to BUY a driver. I didn't have to the first time I installed it, don't see why I would have to now.

I am about ready to go and buy a new scanner and forget about reinstalling!

Also, when I tried to download a patch from windows update, it would not let me. I kept getting an error message that said, "the script is not working". I have no idea what that is!