1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Need Help Understanding if I did the Wrong Thing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Steven Yeadon, Oct 1, 2017.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just wanted to add this Steven to me is looking for direction, but he is looking for it in the wrong way... Brethren on here can give him all the counsel he needs and answers the questions he ask but we can't mentor him... He needs someone in his life who can... How many of us on here can thank God in our lives who gave us Godly direction when we needed it?... I can think of many who God sent my way, who helped me along the way... One definitely was my Father and thank God for him everyday... To me that is what Steven needs and I doubt he will find that outside of the church... I had many spiritual mentors, brother and sisters in the church and that's what we all needed... Brother Glen:)

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, a Primitive Baptist Church.:Wink

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EWF... I know it well... I just started a book he wrote this morning... Read it once and reading it again, in more detail... Understanding Your Bible... An Old Testament Survey... You interested?... Brother Glen:)

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the website and their are a lot of other interesting publications on here... Brother Glen:)

http://www.sovgrace.net/sgp-store

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks

9. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am learning from your back and forth with each other, and I will post tomorrow on my own reflections. I do know though, that I must search for a church, which I'll begin to do. I think I need to talk with my most recent pastor and explain things to him, so I can get a better grip on what it is I am really looking for.

10. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After much thought, I have not changed my mind on the original topic. Regardless, this thread developed into a different direction in the end.

I have decided to go back to church and keep testing it out. I just need to find a church which meets all of my red lines.Very sadly my current church does not.

I have a very personal reason for the beliefs I espouse in the original post on top of biblical reasons. I must talk out this personal reason with my current pastor.

I have a biblical and personal reason to be turned off by churches that l can share. I find that very few people, especially among my age group, are really devoted to the faith (godly in the Greek it seems). I hate this and question pastors for allowing this to happen in their churches. It seems I only blend in with those doing some sort of ministry in my own age group. This leaves me feeling very alone. However, that seems to be no reason to avoid church.