1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"I need to be baptized again....."

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jkdbuck76, Jun 25, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Just curious..

Are you part of a reformed baptist Church?

Do you require one to be a calvinist/reform in theology?..If yes, would that mean baptists like a Charles Stanley/Billy graham could not be members then?

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

My church is not reformed. I know of four or five people who are Calvinists, and we are in a definite minority.

It is not a test of fellowship in the congregation I serve. I am a deacon, choir director and teacher. Another Calvinist is a deacon, teacher, and chairs our Finance Committee. Another Calvinist is a deacon, directs our Sunday School and leaves in a couple of weeks on a mission trip. Another is a teacher.

All of us have spoken from our pulpit as laymen.

All of us hold to the traditional Baptist distinctives, and Baptist ecclesiology. The Baptist Faith and Message is our doctrinal statement.

We have a variety of eschatalogical views among our members, but they're not a test of fellowship, either.