1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Need Your opinions

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gene Hawks, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Regardless of personal opinions or first impressions, this could be exactly God's will. Why limit God by what we perceive others may think? Maybe people might just ask about the name because it provokes questions and this amazing story is just what God wants your church to tell?

If God is leading your congregation this way, you just might have your answer.

Your question made me think of this quote:

"“Thus, through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of my ability and knowledge; and if my mind is thus at peace, and continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly. In trivial matters, and in transactions involving the most important issues, I have found this method always effective.” - George Muller

May God bless your church.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You might have an excellent point there about the name. Just because the name "Watchtower" got such a negative response here does not mean God would disapprove of it. It is like the obstacles for the starting of the church itself. The more, the better.

Good post.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It depends; How were they Baptized?

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ........anyway, FYI, we refer to them as JeeHaws around here........

5. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Watchtower® is a registered trademark of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. You might not be able to use it without their permission, and I expect they have the resources to enjoin you from doing so.

6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I ran a quick google check and see that there are other Watchtower Baptist churches. For what that is worth.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

JW's are well known here and hand out watchtower magazines left and right, there are left in stores, the only laundromat is woned by a JW so they are in there all the time. If a chruch here was named watchtower people would assume it was JW.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Just means multiple baptist churches are infringing on copy right, which is not legal, of course.
    Theres a church here named point of grace, which I am sure is also copy right protected by a singing group.

#28 donnA, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  9. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

The more often it is used without the JW's objecting, the harder it would be for them to object in the future.

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

It may be that "Watchtower Society" is copyrighted. I am not sure "Watchtower" is copyrighted. Just a guess here.

11. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Source: Trademark Electronic Search System of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks for giving us the verification of that, Zenas!