1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I never thought my children would have to sacrifice for the church plant too.

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by annsni, Oct 1, 2010.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I knew there would be sacrifices in getting a new church started. There's lots of work, lots of effort involved but I never thought my kids would have to sacrifice so much.

See, we record our services on a small digital recorder. It's been working out great so far but this week, we have to have an outside service since the hotel was already booked for this week. So we realize that if there's ANY wind, it will ruin the recording. This is where the sacrifice comes in.

My husband needs fake fur and he forgot to go to the fabric store (that most likely won't have anything like this anyway). So he called them into the living room where we're sitting. He's asking them to sacrifice one of their stuffed animals.

"Does it need to be a lamb?" my dear son asks.

:laugh:

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! Out of the mouths of babes!

In the early days of my pastorate our daughter, who was about 11 or 12 then, was asked for her input regarding where we would go on vacation. She thought for a few seconds then said, "Any where as long as they don't know I'm a preacher's kid so I can act normal!"

Until that time I did not realize the burden even the kids have to bear. :)

But had I wanted one of her stuffed animals, there would have been a huge fight! :D