1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Posted in wrong forum

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by allibobo, Jul 24, 2003.

1. allibobo

allibobo New Member

HI I had posted in the fundamental baptist forum.
    I aplogize and wanted to thank the people that replied for there insight.I am not going to go through the whole story again.I guess you can read my post over there.I am an Episcolian and my neighbors are fundamental baptist.I didn't know for a long time there were different kind of baptist and now I do.I find this website very interesting and now I know were my neighbors come from(meaning there views).We are two very differnt families and we will never agree on things.I just hope and pray that deep in there hearts that they realize we are not horrible people and that are children are learning about the Lord in our Episcopal chruch.

2. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Shame on you. ;)

It is unfortunate, but as can be seen by such threads as 99.9% of all Catholics Going to Hell , some of the Baptist ilk judge a person's salvation by the name of the building in which one worships.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good one, Tuor! [​IMG] I deserve that.

This fellow, though, deserves a good answer and some help. My next door neighbor is AmerIndian, single mother with 6 kids (and pregnant). I am trying to be a kind and loving neighbor, not a judgmental old codger like I am on the BB.

How SHOULD he Ali react? How would YOU react? :confused:

4. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Thank you Dr. Bob. ;)

This fellow, though, deserves a good answer and some help.

Judging from the fact that allibobo appears to be a member of a more orthodox branch of Christianity, I think it is rather safe to say that allibobo is a female.

Here is the proof:
    If allibobo attended Josh's church I'd assume you just could be correct.

Enough of that stuff, now on to your question:

Assuming that this lady is not recently divorced and is leading a sexually immoral lifestyle, she is leading a life that is not in accordance with God's plan. If this lady does not claim to be a Christian, Paul instructs us not to judge. I would suggest being a good neighbor and helping her out when she needs some help. In other words, be God's light and salt.

5. allibobo

allibobo New Member

Yes, I am a female . This is such and interesting board .Dr. Bob I hope you are kind to your neighbor .Like I tell my children everbody is differnt in there beliefs and it is ok,because the world would be boring if everybody was the same.

6. Eladar

Eladar New Member

I agree with you that it is OK, but our reasons differ. I think it would be great if everyone accepted Jesus as Lord and lived their lives accordingly. I don't think that would be boring at all. As a matter of fact, that would be as close to heaven that we could get here on earth.

I think that it is OK for others to reject Jesus because that is the way God wants it. Each of us has the choice. I am not God to take away another person's right. As I remind myself, I am not to judge those that are not Christian(1 Cor 5).

7. allibobo

allibobo New Member

Dr Bob
    regarding your neigbor.Is she recently divorced.If not and getting pregnant by who ever then that is not good at all. I do believe women who continue to get pregnant with no husband to consider getting their tubes tied. But I would still be kind to her and help her anyway I could .Sometimes being kind to someone is rewarding for them and you.

8. allibobo

allibobo New Member

Tuor
    Yes I wished everyone would accept Jesus as there savior. When I was little my God parents were Jewish,and I wished that I was.I really wanted to convert but I Didn't .I would to there house for the religous holidays and was amazed by everthing.I recently found out my grandfather my moms dad was Jewish.My grandparents did not raise my mother jewish but catholic. I wonder if that is why I like celebrated with my god parents.or that it was different.

9. allibobo

allibobo New Member

it is getting late and sorry for my previous post and mispellings i am very sleepy goodnight

10. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Tuor,

I, your good friend, are one of those "ilk," fundamental in doctrine that is! I'm not sure whether to say "shame on you," or "shame on me!" :eek: :D

If it is 99% then I'm sure you are one of the 1% Tuor, because in past encounters I have found you to adhear to a pretty straight course of sound doctrine, although we never ventured into such matters as "infallibility of the pope, assumption of Mary, purgatory, etc. Whatever the case, you have a warm and sensitive heart that reflects the love of Christ!

I am definately not an RCC basher. I pray fervently that she will turn the corner and begin teaching sound biblical doctrine and principals. Get rid of the papacy and priesthood! The rending of the temple veil at the crucifixion (Heb 10:20) signified the end of such offices and practices. We are all priests (Rev 1:5-6) and have direct access to God.

In Christ,
    John

11. Eladar

Eladar New Member

John,

I'm not Catholic. I just don't know how someone can judge another's heart who lives according to the spirit and holds many beliefs that are similar to mine. Yes, there are many places where I disagree with Catholic doctrine, but if someone is living a sacrificial life in accordance to the gospel out of love for God, I just find it a difficult call.

My jab at Dr. Bob was in reference to recognizing others simply for being "Baptist", even if they teach that sexual immorality is not a sin. I hold very similar views as yourself and other Bible believing Baptists who recognize that any sexual relations outside of the covenant of marriage between a man and a woman is immoral.

It is frustrating to be judged according to name on the building in which I worship, while the Bible's instruction to judge according to fruits of the heart gets ignored.

12. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed. In fact Romans 2:13-16 makes the case for those who have no scripture at all - (Much less affiliated with the ONE true Church started by God at Sinai and given forever promises of His Teaching Word and Holy Spirit) stating that even THEY were going to heaven under the New Covenant - if they were in fact born-again.

Catholics get in the same way as everybody else - by grace through faith and that not of yourselves - not of works lest any one should boast.

In Christ,

Bob