1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I REALLY need help and prayer!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LovingGODisGREAT, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Hi,

I REALLY have a HUGE prayer request! And its quite URGENT!

My husband Joshua just got home and he is practically breaking down with stress and other things. He has so much on his shoulders. Pressure from work, school, and now graduating. And his parents.

Well, He opened up our bills and we some how bounced by like $500 AND we haven't even payed rent this month yet. We can't figure out what happened. We went through our statement together and we just can't figure it out. There is some mistake. We think maybe a calculation error on our part. We just don't know. But we are going to be bouncing with bills and other things. And we are fearful.

And Josh is just freaking out which scares me. He is in charge of our bills and our household. I am disabled. So, when he freaks out I sort of panick. Which isn't good because I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress, Severe Depression, Severe Anxiety and panic with agorphobia (bouts of it at times), and Severe dependent personality disorder. I had some sort of breakdown recently after my grandmother (who was my best friend) died. So, I am just a mess. So, when Josh breaks down (he has post traumatic stress and depression too I am pretty sure!)I don't know what to do! I am so sick. I only can do my programs that I am put into around the community. This is so hard.

I feel like I should be working now but I can't yet. I just am too ill. Somedays I can't get out of bed. Its not Satan. So, please don't write me and say that. I am just ill. I have a great Christian doctor who is getting me off meds and getting me normalized.

The scary part is that our bank is going to bounce each and every thing that comes through from now on and we are not even getting another paycheck for 2 weeks! And that money was for other things. That check was for was to pay off our school loan (his) and then we were supposed to go to my good friends wedding - (who was a bridesmaid in my wedding) - her wedding is in Wisconsin - like 6 hours away from here.

Then in Wisconsin I was going to see my sister. And finally walk into my grandmothers house and see grandpa. The first time since she died. I haven't been into the house yet. I am nervous. Its been so hard. I am grieving so hard!

We have no money for anything now. Not driving anywhere! Including the trips! Oh my my birthday was to go see the Judy Garland house up North in Minnesota. There is a festival for her every year. Margaret O"Brien was going to be there! Oh well...that is materialistic!

No money for me to get to my hospital programs. And my other therapy groups and such. Not my medication. Not anything!

I am just going to pray. That is all I can think of.

I am going to fast (not eat) and pray for the next few days. Will you join me? - PLEASE! Fast and pray? Or at least pray? I know that my body isn't strong to fast...but I am going to try a partial fast.

Josh is just upset. I hate that I am disabled and stuck like this. He is such a good man and SOOO good to me. SOO good! Please pray for him!

PLEASE pray for this whole thing. We are going to get REALLY in debt by all of this. They may evict us!

I need to calm down...breathe....and know that God is in control and just trust in his promises to take care of us.

Please Pray that not much goes through our bank (bouncing). They will give us a $30 fee each time.

Josh also starts school so we will need gas money! And my programs! UGH!

Ok..I need to calm down..PLEASE pray! I hope this makes sense. I don't know if I make sense. I am going through so much sometimes I don't know if I make sense.

AND please continue to pray for All the stuff I am going through with this STUPID Paxil withdrawl syndrome. I am so forgetful and going through so many symptoms!

Thanks in advance for praying for me - us!

Josh is also under tremendous pressure from his parents to get into a pharmacy school. And his last chance - Michigan - he is on a waiting list. PRAY for us. We have gone through so much since 2001!

I just need prayer for MY WHOLE LIFE right now and my husbands....Especially for financial help ASAP to come to us. I know we have to be patient...I am trying to tithe...I am trying to go to church..but I haven't done either in a while. I hope God isn't punishing us. I was taught most of my life God was a God of punishment. Not of love. I hope he is loving us.

I love God so much! And he has helped us so much. We need him. I don't want him to feel like we only go to him when we are in trouble. I want God around me all the time. I want him to use me. I want to plant seeds for Christ!

Oh, and I am SO tearful over my brother moving to Alaska. And I have my sister with lupus who could use prayer. And all sides of my family and Joshua's for salvation.

PRAY hard for us PLEASE in ALL areas! Especially financial! Thank you so much! Praise Jesus for the bad too! Hopefully good is on its way. Thanks!

Please pass this around - PLEASE. The more prayer the better!

Carolyn "Carrie"
    [email protected]

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Heavenly Father, we pray that you will deliver Carolyn and Joshua from this problem they have found themselves in. You who multiplied the loaves and the fishes, we turn to you for we see no other way. Please guide and assist these who are Yours.

3. Thank you so much for your prayers and your non-judgemental way of praying for us. I know God can help us. We are trying. We love God VERY much. Thank you so much. Keep praying for us ok? Its really nice to have the support of God's people. Thank you.
    Carolyn Johnson

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Carrie,

I really feel for you because I know what depression is like and I also know what it is like to have money problems too. I don't know how the banks operate where you are as I am in England, but is it possible for you to get an extension on your overdraft? Whatever is happening, please see your bank manager and bring her/him up to date on your situation. They should be able to advice you and help you.

I will be praying for you and your husband. I will pray that the Lord will bring peace to the both of you. That HE will provide a solution for you which is managable. I will pray that you both take all this to HIM and Leave it at the cross for HIM to deal with. I will pray that you will know HIS love and peace at this time and that HE will provide you both with the strength to get thru' this.

Love and Blessings in HIS name

Sheila

5. They do have that but you have to have good credit and we don't. We are young and don't have enough credit for the bank to do that either. So, UGH! frustrating. Thanks for the prayers though. And thank you for thinking of me enough to read my request and pray for me. God Bless you.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Just prayed for you as well Carrie. Does your pastor know about your situation?

Roger

7. I did email our pastor....So,I believe he does. Thank you so much for praying and I appreciate the email. It means alot to me.
    Carolyn

8. Karen

Karen Active Member

Praying for you.
    Perhaps since you can't figure out the error, take the statement and your check register to the bank and ask someone there to help you figure it out.
    Ask them to stop all further checks without the $30 fee.
    Don't be shy about asking your church for some financial help. Maybe the pastor would be able to ask the bank to stop the bank fees?

Karen

9. Well, I believe there are no more checks out there. Joshua, my husband, swiped his check card. So, there is nothing we can do. We made the error and have to live with it. We are just asking for prayer. Thank you for your advice.
    Carolyn

10. Watchman

Watchman New Member

You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
    My Church has a Deacons Benevolence Fund, which is used for the sole purpose to help out members in trouble. Perhaps your Church does too.

11. Well, right now I have contacted our church but I don't think they have a fund like that. But thank you for the idea. I wish they did.

12. CalifLady

CalifLady New Member

Hello Carrie,
    I just found your post and have prayed and am wondering how you and Josh are doing? Keep looking up dear.
    Love,
    CalifLady

13. Hi There - Thank you for writing me. We are hanging in there. We are still in debt. We haven't even slightly recovered from this yet.

Health wise - I am quite ill.

Josh is stressed.

Pray for us to go to Church on Sunday ok? We need God so badly.
    Carolyn

14. jane

jane New Member

I Carrie, I understand what you feel right now we’re only human and it’s natural to feel that way but we as a christian should trust always in the Lord, remember we are not home yet and there so many problems and trials that comes along our way.. We have our God whom we can turn to.. He will never leave you nor forsake you..Always remember the promised of our God..

Praying for you,

jane

15. Kara

Kara New Member

Just said a prayer. Keep us informed.