1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I saw the movie Mother Theresa!!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 28, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Has anyone seen it??

Your thoughts on Mother Theresa??

She did have a good heart!!

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

She was catholic....

In her interview it didn't sound like her theology was right. She like others believed that there are many ways to God. Very sad...

3. sbckid

sbckid New Member

Although I certainly do not agree with Mother Theresa's theology she did a lot of good that many christians ignore. That would be caring and loving people not only spiritually but also physically. In that she helped build orphanages and fed the hungry. Something I think modern Christianity forgets about much of the time. Jesus always healed people physically and spiritually.

4. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

All I can say about her is that she had more courage than any 100 of us combined here at this board with respect of providing care to those that were terminally ill of AIDS, HEPATITUS, and other diseases, virus, and bactieria that everyone one of us would shun.

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a Catholic High School in my neighbor which has some inscription of the words by mother theresa, which says " what the people believe is not so important, but how they believe is more important" ( I may not remember the exact wordings of it). This coincides with what I heard about her, that she didn't disagree with Hinduism, believing that even though people may believe Hindu god, as long as they believe it faithfully, they can go to heaven. She never condemned the Mary worship, Purgatory, or Idol worship.