1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I thought that Israel was the good guys?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 31, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Now I'm really confused.

http://www.myspace.com/kinna_7777

Look at this site. What if the leaders of Israel are Zionists and involved in a zionist conspiracy? Why do jews protest against Israel and demand that they give back the country to the Palestines? :confused:
    Is this here correct? What if the Palestines aren't the bad ones and everything we hear on the news is distorted?

[​IMG]

2. gekko

gekko New Member

not all israel is of israel.

meaning - not all of the nation of israel are descendants of israel.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what if the foundation of the state of Israel was rather a plan from the zionists? Does this mean that it was still God's will? Did God use them to carry out his plans while they were thinking they are carrying out their plans? Somehow I'm really confused now. I thought that people like Sharon belong to the good guys but maybe they aren't the good guys maybe they belong to the bad guys.

4. gekko

gekko New Member

i looked at the link - and had to chuckle a little bit - although my heart goes out for the lost.

one of the signs the guys was holding up - its yellow with black text - it says "jews are forbidden to have their own state before the coming of the messiah" - well... the messiah has already come - so they are allowed to have their own state.

another sign says "read the talmud - jews in exile are forbidden to have their own state" ok... first of all the jews are not in exile anymore. Secondly - the talmud also says that you are supposed to listen to the scribes over listening to God - and it also allows child molestation.

i'll have to find the video - but here's the text link to a whole study on the talmud http://www.come-and-hear.com/dilling/dcontents.html

5. gekko

gekko New Member

the foundation of the state of israel was prophesied - and fulfilled to the dot and tittle.

i believe the word of God over judaists.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Only Zionists and dispensational Christians wanted Nation Israel in 1948. Orthodox rabbis were against it.

7. genesis12

genesis12 Member

xdisciplex, be not deceived. That website is a distortion at least.

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Not sure what the site is all about as I have not read it, but the nation of Israel is a nation that is in existence in an unrepentent state. The nation will not be the nation that God wants it to be until the nation repents as a nation and accepts Christ as her Messiah.

That should read that Israel can't be the nation that God intends for it to be until the coming of the Messiah.

While that is true they rejected the Messiah when He came the first time and therefore the nation is not in a position where God wants them to be and can not be until He returns and they are healed of their blindness and accept Christ as their Messiah. Then and only then will Israel be at the head of the nations where it was originally intended to be.

Exile may not be a good word, but they are certainly still scattered among the Gentile nations and that is not what God intends for the nation of Israel.

9. D28guy

D28guy New Member

same

The regathering of Israel is the greatest of the many signs (fullfilled prophecies) that point to the fact that we are living in the time of the end of all things, and the bringing in of the millenial kingdom followed by eternity.

Mike

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But did God not also want the Nation Israel? :(

11. genesis12

genesis12 Member

They're the good guys......

:applause: Gen 12:1 The LORD said to Abram, "Leave your land, your relatives, and your father's home. Go to the land that I will show you.
    Gen 12:2 I will make you a great nation, I will bless you. I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
    Gen 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you, I will curse. Through you every family on earth will be blessed."
    Gen 12:4 So Abram left, as the LORD had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was 75 years old when he left Haran.
    Gen 12:5 Abram set out for Canaan. He took along his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, and all the possessions they had accumulated and the servants they had acquired in Haran.
    Gen 12:6 They arrived in Canaan, and Abram traveled through the land to the oak tree belonging to Moreh at Shechem. At that time the Canaanites were in the land.
    Gen 12:7 Then the LORD appeared to Abram and said, "I'm going to give this land to your descendants." So he built an altar there to the LORD, who had appeared to him.
    Gen 12:8 He moved on to the hills east of Bethel, and he put up his tent-with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. He also built an altar to the LORD there and worshiped the LORD.

Gen 15:7 Then the LORD said to him, "I am the LORD, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land so that you will take possession of it."
    Gen 15:8 Abram asked, "Almighty LORD, how can I be certain that I will take possession of it?"

Gen 15:13 God said to Abram, "You can know for sure that your descendants will live in a land that is not their own*, where they will be slaves, and they will be oppressed for 400 years.
    Gen 15:14 But I will punish the nation they serve*, and after that they will come out with many possessions.
    Gen 15:15 But you will die in peace and be buried at a very old age.
    Gen 15:16 In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, because the sin of the Amorites will not have run its course until then."

Gen 15:18 At that time the LORD made a promise to Abram. He said, "I will give this land to your descendants. This is the land from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates.
    Gen 15:19 It is the land of the Kenites, the Kenizzites, the Kadmonites,
    Gen 15:20 the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim,
    Gen 15:21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites."

"Palestine" was Canaan, with all its tribes.

God said it, that settles it. There was never a land or government officially known as Palestine. Roman soldiers didn't like the Phillistines living in parts of this tiny place, comparatively. They insulted them and other tribes by referring to them as "Palestinans."

4,000 years before the birth of Christ the Jews inhabited the land, biblically known as Judea, Samaria, Israel. Due to their own disobedience, God booted them from the land of the promise. In 1948 Israel officially became a nation, occupying not all of the land of promise, but portions dictated by the U.N. In 1967 they regained major portions of their promised boundaries, the boundaries promised in Genesis 12 and Genesis 15. Now, due to the infamous "roadmap", their land is being taken away from them. They are not now and never have occupied "Palestinian" land. That's a common misunderstanding and the source of the grief over the Middle East. It was and is today their own land.:praise:

p.s. I agree with R. Jump's dispensational analysis.

*Egypt. (Babylon, as well)

#11 genesis12, May 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  12. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what happened to the palestines in 1948 which lived in Israel? Were they simply thrown out?

13. genesis12

genesis12 Member

No, the so-called "Palestinians" weren't thrown out. They were ordered by a league of Arab nations to leave so that Israel could be destroyed militarily. Israel fought all of them off. After that, the "Palestinians" were housed in relocation camps. Not a single Arab nation offered to come to their aid. Not one offered to bring them into the adjacent Arab countries. They left them there so that they could blame Israel for these camps. They referred to "Palestinians" as displaced persons with a "right of return." It is one aspect of their demand for a "Palestinian State".

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Okay, but if you had been a palestinian would you not feel the same?
    What would have happened if they had not left? Would Israel have tolerated them? Or what would they have done?

15. genesis12

genesis12 Member

In fact, those who remained became part of Israel. They even have Arab cabinet members there. Many Israeli citizens are Arab. Israel, a tiny, tiny nation, has done its best, as the only democracy in the Middle East, to accomodate the Arabs who live among them. The Arab states have done nothing but stoke the fires of hatred, 24/7/365.

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But aren't some jews totally arrogant, too? I heard that there are jews which do not even talk to gentiles because they feel that they are superior. Are the jews not scared of mingeling with arabs? Does God even allow this?

17. genesis12

genesis12 Member

They do mingle. Arabs come from "Palestine" to work in Israel on a regular, daily basis. There are orthodox Jews who don't want to mingle, but they are in the minority.

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But they don't intermarry, do they?

19. genesis12

genesis12 Member

I'm not clear on intermarrying. Perhaps someone in the forum is.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nowhere does the Bible teach that there will be a materalistic millennial kingdom. That is a false teaching by premillennialists.