1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I thought that Israel was the good guys?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 31, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

It won't be materialistic for the bride of Christ, but the kingdom will certainly be physical for the nation of Israel.

2. gekko

gekko New Member

discuss the millennial kingdom elsewhere - that is not the matter being discussed.
    ---------------

palestine has never been a state - is not a state today - and never will be a state in the future.
    damascus is yet to be destroyed no? or does that have anything to do with this topic?

3. D28guy

D28guy New Member

same

Ken H,

I said...
    And you said...

You have to be joking.

The teachings in the scriptures dealing with end time events are not always easy passages to understand. There is lots of room for speculation and differeing interpretations regarding these things. But your claim that "Nowhere does the Bible teach" the view in question is nothing less than comical. Some of the most biblically literate and learned people on planet earth hold to those views.

There are many different veiws regarding end time events and ALL OF THEM are derived from ONE source...Gods scriptures.

What we are talking about here are not "foundational" things such as justification through faith alone, "scriptures alone" as our truth source, or Christ as mans only hope for salvation. Those things are not negotiable, and being wrong can mean hell.

But regarding end time events we are free to study the scriptures and hold to whatever view has the "ring of truth" to our ears. All who hold to these differeing views are brothers and sisters and all of the major differing views regarding end time events in evangelicalism are derived from the scriptures.

If you dont agree with a particular view regarding these things, thats your buisiness. Whatever you hold to is fine. But to claim that a different view is "nowhere in the scriptures", when that particular view is substantiated by multitudes of sound scriptures is just ridiculous on your part.

God bless,

Mike

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

same

Why did it make all of that bolded when I didnt make any of it bolded?

Mike

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

When you copied his quote over and then started typing it just continued in the font setup from the quoted sentence :) That happened to me on one of the posts.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. Since another poster admonished that this thread is not about the supposed millennial kingdom, I will leave it at that. :smilewinkgrin: