1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Tim. 2.3-6

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Frogman, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Excellent post, sturgman [​IMG]

Looks like you and I agree about much more than I thought.

Sorry for the semantic misunderstanding on the other thread (re: logic, etc.) :rolleyes:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your own logic says that Christ failed. You claim He died for everyone but cannot save everyone that He died for.

I do not believe in fatalism. I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ which is the power of God unto salvation for everyone for whom Christ died. My God never fails. Everyone that God wills to save will be saved. Period.

If you want to discuss for whom Christ died, we'll have to do that later. I am having some remodeling done and I am going to have to disconnect my computer in a few minutes for 2-3 days.

Peace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ. [​IMG]

3. Harald

Harald New Member

The adjective pantas (pâs, #3956, Strong's, under consideration here in 1Tim. 2:4, can mean all without exception, but also all kinds or classes of. It can also have a few other meanings. The context decides the exact meaning, and it will never contradict the whole counsel of God on a given issue, here soteriology. It is error to say pâs always means all without exception in the NT. It is like the error of always rendering the noun pistis as "faith", when it obviously should be "faithfulness" in some instances, cp. Rom. 3:3 where the KJV erroneously (IMO) renders it as "faith" (of God). Another cardinal error of some professors of religion is to maintain the word "world" (Gr. kosmos) always means all human beings on earth without exception. The context decides what is exactly meant by a given word. These things have to do with Biblical hermeneutics, a thing many seem to care little about, evidenced by all kinds of fancy interpretations and twistings of the Holy Scriptures to the denigration of God and His holy character and attributes. This includes not only Arminians so called, but also so called "Calvinists" or "Reformed" persons.

Harald