1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I want to be saved but I'm not sure I can be.

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Jesse, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Jesse

Jesse New Member

First I'll give you some religious background information about myself.

I am 17 years of age. When I was 6 years old and in first grade, my parents enrolled me in a Catholic religious class. The class was not academic, I attend public school, it was just study of the Catholic religion. It was my mother's plan that when I completed the 12 year course, I would take my grandfather's name at my Confirmation.

Around 6th. grade, I began to lose interest in the class. My mother always told me that I needed it in order to learn morals, but there are millions of moral people out there who've never attended a religious class. I began actively contesting how I was being forced to attend the class. As I sat in the desk while the teacher droned on about god and Moses and Adam & Eve the thing that ran through my mind was "Bull****." I became agnostic around this time, and though I explained to my parents that their beliefs were not mine, I was still forced to attend the class, until 10th. grade, when I missed 3 days of the class, which automatically failed me for that year. I was not forced to go back this year, and my mother finally seems to understand that I am agnostic.

A few months ago a friend of mine invited me to her baptist church. The local phone directory lists the church as "Independant Baptist". I've not a clue wo what "Independant" means as it pertains to the church. Since I wanted to get to know her better, and belief can be a powerful thing in one's life, I agreed, and now I attend a Baptist church with her and her family on Sundays.

From the teachings at her Sunday school (which are 10X more interesting than my former religious class) and the preachings of the pastor, I've learned that you believe that in order to be saved and to go to heaven, you must accept Jesus into your life and understand that he died for your sins. I'm not sure if this is accurate but it's what I've picked up. My friend and her family, and some members of the church want me to be saved, and have talked to me about it, and after this Sunday's church, I've decided that if it all is true, if there is a heaven and a hell, then when I die, I want heaven to be my destination, but unlike the people there, I don't know that god exists, I don't know if there's a heaven or hell, and each time I think to myself that "Hey, look at all this stuff around me, the chances of all this stuff coming into existence on it's own is astounding, there must be some higher power," I always end up thinking to myself "Yeah, but what if there isn't." I'm still agnostic. I'm not sure if I'm the exact definition of it but it's what I am so far as what I know about it. I can't say there is a god, I can't say there isn't, because I don't know, but I can truthfully say that if it's all true, then I do want Jesus in my life and I want him to bring me to heaven.

That's where I am now, and I need a question answered: Can I be saved without being definate on the existence of god, Jesus, heaven and hell, or must I sincerely know that these things are real, no "just in case it's real" about it. If I can be saved "just in case" then I can go through with whatever needs to be done, but if I have to believe in god and heaven in hell and believe that these things are as definate and real as this keyboard I'm typing on, then I can't do it now, because I've yet to be convinced. I'm still agnostic, and I don't see that changing any time in the future.

That's about it.

2. Pastor Steve

Pastor Steve New Member

Jesse,

It is good to know that you are searching and open minded to the truth. The struggle that you are facing is much like that in many people's lives. Most people use the term atheist or agnostic simply because they are too lazy to search. I am glad that you are searching.

You can only be saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 4:12) It is He that died for your sin and offers forgiveness. You see it is sin that is the barrier between you and God.

Can you be saved without believing in God? No. Hebrews 11:6 states, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Salvation is solely by faith - Romans 1:17(don't let people complicate things).

I can give you all kinds of arguements for the existence of God but instead, may I make a suggestion in your search? Read through the gospel of John (4th book in the New Testament). Use a translation that you are comfortable reading and then answer to yourself. "Who is Jesus Christ?"

I will pray for you in your search and trust that God will give you the faith to believe in Him. Salvation is a gift, all you do is recieve in the person of Jesus Christ. I pray that you will. If you want email me directly.

Your servant in Christ,
    Pastor Steve

3. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Jesse,

Pastor Steve is absolutely correct. You must believe in God, that Jesus was God incarnate, that He died on the cross to pay the penalty for the sins of all the world, and that He rose again on the third day, and that He assending into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God, mediating for those who believe in Him.

Go to this URL to find some answers: www.simpletruth.org

1) Jesse, science confirms that life could not be as it is today by random processes and lots of time. The DNA in every living cell contains 30 encyclopedia volumns of "intelligent code." If you walked down the beach and saw some awesome ripple design in the sand, you would conclude that the waves (natural process) did a beautiful thing, but if you walked a little farther and saw "Tommy loves Sue" in the sand, you wouldn't say, "Look what else the waves made!" Your intrinsic reasoning tells you that something intelligent created that! A living cell has 387 miles of beach with "Tommy loves Sue" written over and over and over in microscopic form. It's intelligence that came from a creator, a designor.

2) History and archaeology confirm God's Word. Sir William Ramsey: For many years Ramsey was professor of humanity at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. He was, in his time, the world's most eminent authority on the geography and history of ancient Asia Minor (Turkey today). In his zeal to study every available early document concerning that period and area, he undertook an intensive research of the New Testament book of Acts and also the Gospel of Luke. This study, however, was approached with much skepticism. At that time he penned the following description of the book of Acts: "a highly imaginative and carefully colored account of primitive Christianity."
    But after many years of intensive study, this scholar, who began an unbeliever, became a staunch defender of the Word of God. The absolute historical accuracy of Luke's writings, even in the most minute details, captured first his brain and then his heart. Ramsey authored many books, but one of his better known is entitled: The Bearing of Recent Discovery on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament. Ramsey's overall opinion of the Bible is perhaps best seen in the following quote:
    "I take the view that Luke's history is unsurpassed in regard to its trustworthiness. You may press the words of Luke in a degree beyond any other historian's and they stand the keenest scrutiny and the hardest treatment."

3) Prophesy: There are hundreds of prophesies that have been fulfilled in the Bible. None that are supposed to have already happened have missed the mark. Since Jesus Christ is key to your belief, look at the following: In the Old Testament there are some thirty-seven basic prophecies concerning the earthly ministry of the anticipated Savior. While upon this earth, Jesus Christ fulfilled every single prediction. Consider the following texts:
    1. He would be born of a virgin (cf. Isa. 7:14 with Mt. 1:22, 23).
    2. He would be given the throne of David (cf. 2 Sam. 7:12, 13 with Lk. 1:31).
    3. He would be called Emmanuel (cf. Isa. 7:14 with Mt. 1:23).
    4. He would be rejected by his own (cf. Isa. 53:3 with Jn. 1:11; 7:5).
    5. He would have a forerunner (cf. Isa. 40:3-5; Mal. 3:1 with Mt. 3:1-3; Lk. 1:76-78; 3:3-6).
    6. He would be born in Bethlehem (cf. Micah 5:2, 3 with Mt. 2:5, 6).
    7. He would be visited by the magi and presented with gifts (cf. Isa. 60:3, 6, 9 with Mt. 2:11).
    8. He would be in Egypt for a season (cf. Hosea 11:1 with Mt. 2:15).
    9. His birthplace would suffer a massacre of infants (cf. Jer. 31:5 with Mt. 2:17, 18).
    10. He would be called a Nazarene (cf. Isa. 11:1 with Mt. 2:23).
    11. He would be zealous for his father (cf. Ps. 69:9 with Jn. 2:13-17).
    12. He would be filled with God's Spirit (cf. Isa. 61:1-3; 11:2 with Lk. 4:18, 19).
    13. He would be a light to the Gentiles (cf. Isa. 42:1-3, 6, 7 with Mt. 4:13-16; 12:18-21).
    14. He would heal many (cf. Isa. 53:4 with Mt. 8:16, 17).
    15. He would deal gently with the Gentiles (cf. Isa. 9:1, 2; 42:1-3 with Mt. 12:17-21).
    16. He would speak in parables (cf. Isa. 6:9, 10 with Mt. 13:10-15).
    17. He would make a triumphal entry into Jerusalem (cf. Zech. 9:9 with Mt. 21:4, 5).
    18. He would be praised by little children (cf. Ps. 8:2 with Mt. 21:16).
    19. He would be the rejected cornerstone (cf. Ps. 118:22, 23 with Mt. 21:42).
    20. His miracles would not be believed (cf. Isa. 53:1 with Jn. 12:37, 38).
    21. His friend would betray him for thirty pieces of silver (cf. Ps. 41:9; 55:12-14; Zech. 11:12, 13 with Mt. 26:14-16, 21-25).
    22. He would be a man of sorrows (cf. Isa. 53:3 with Mt. 26:37, 38).
    23. He would be forsaken by his disciples (cf. Zech. 13:7 with Mt. 26:31, 56).
    24. He would be scourged and spat upon (cf. Isa. 50:6 with Mt. 26:67; 27:26).
    25. His price money would be used to buy a potter's field (cf. Jer. 18:1-4; 19:1-3; Zech. 11:12, 13 with Mt. 27:9, 10).
    26. He would be crucified between two thieves (cf. Isa. 53:12 with Mt. 27:38; Mk. 15:27, 28; Lk. 22:37).
    27. He would be given vinegar to drink (cf. Ps. 69:21 with Mt. 27:34, 48).
    28. He would suffer the piercing of his hands and feet (cf. Ps. 22:16; Zech. 12:10 with Mk. 15:25; Jn. 19:34, 37; 20:25-27).
    29. His garments would be parted and gambled for (cf. Ps. 22:18 with Lk. 23:34; Jn. 19:23, 24).
    30. He would be surrounded and ridiculed by his enemies (cf. Ps. 22:7, 8 with Mt. 27:39-44; Mk. 15:29-32).
    31. He would thirst (cf. Ps. 22:15 with Jn. 19:28).
    32. He would commend his spirit to the Father (cf. Ps. 31:5 with Lk. 23:46).
    33. His bones would not be broken (cf. Ex. 12:46; Num. 9:12; Ps. 34:20 with Jn. 19:33-36).
    34. He would be stared at in death (cf. Zech. 12:10 with Mt. 27:36; Jn. 19:37).
    35. He would be buried with the rich (cf. Isa. 59:9 with Mt. 27:57-60).
    36. He would be raised from the dead (cf. Ps. 16:10 with Mt. 28:2-7).
    37. He would ascend (cf. Ps. 24:7-10 with Mk. 16:19; Lk. 24:50).
    There is no number to represent the probability of 37 prophesies coming true and not one turning out wrong. An analogy would be if the state of Texas were covered three feet deep in silver dollars and I marked one with an "X" and buried it somewhere among the others and you had one pick to reach in somewhere and select it.

There is another prophesy about Jesus that is yet to happen, and that is that one day He will return to gather those who belong to Him, who have made Him Lord of their lives. With Jesus batting 37 for 37 in prophesies, do you doubt that this one will come true?

Jesse, the Bible says, "I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me." (Prov 8:17 NIV) If you will consider what I have presented you, and what is on the website above, with an desire for truth to be revealed to you, and not with a sceptic's mindset, you too can "know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: wellsjs ]

4. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

Jesse,

I will also agree with what has already been posted. You must know for yourself that there is a God who loves you and wants you to come to Him. When you do realize this, I think you will be glad to accept Him into your heart. I remember the night that I finally decided to accept Christ into my heart. After years of struggling over it, I finally asked Christ to save me with tears coming down my cheeks. I was 15 at the time, and yet I still remember the great peace that flooded my heart when I trusted Him. Jesse, it would be the greatest day of your life if you could realize that Christ died for you and invite Him into your heart. I would be glad to converse with you further by e-mail if you would like. It is [email protected]. By the way, I am one of the younger ones on the Board. I am only 22, so I am not a geezer yet.

FundamentalDan

5. Jesse

Jesse New Member

Last Sunday a man put his arm around me, shed a tear and said "Jesus wants you just like you are."

How I am now, I'm unsure of the existence of a god. Is this man wrong?

Dan, I do believe that there was a Jesus Christ. I do believe that he died for me, and that part's hard to explain. The only way I can think of it is he died for me the same way Mufasa died for Simba in the Lion King. Sucks as an analogy (if that's the term) but it's ballpark.

wellsjs, I believe that anything is possible. Using this belief I've come up with a reasoning behind the existence of a god. Since anything is possible, it's possible that a supreme deity exists. This supreme deity could bring itself into existence since anything is possible, and being a supreme deity it'd would bring itself into existence if it could, and it can, because it's supreme, it can do stuff like that. This probably sounds odd when you read it but when it's being kicked around in my head it makes sense. Unfortunately, that means that another supreme being could come into existence, since anything is possible, and Baptist is a monotheistic religion, so it doesn't fit.

Anything is possible. It's possible a supreme being came into existence and created. It's also possible that all this began with random processes and lots of time.

Steve, King James Version, St. John, Chapter 3, Verse 5. "Jesus answered, Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

What does the spirit represent, and what do the italics mean?

6. TurboMike

TurboMike New Member

Religon is man's organized process of seeking the truth.

Faith is the result of the search.

Doubt is not unbelief. Thomas had doubt. He said, "I'll believe Jesus is alive when I see the nail prints in his hands." Jesus came to Thomas and showed him.

John the Baptist, when in prison sent for some disiples and told them to go ask Jesus, "Is he SURE he's the messiah.". John had doubt, but not disbelief.

Peter walked and talked with Jesus. he knew him personally. He SAW the miracles he did. But when Jesus was arrested, Peter (among the other disciples) he denied Jesus 3 times. Not under the sword of a soldier, but the question of a teenage girl. Did he not believe? No, maybe he had doubt.

It seems your parents started you off in "religon". That is ok, but religon won't get you into heaven. It's faith. You will never find ALL the answers, but as other have said and will say. Too much supports the Bible for it not to be true.

It's good to see you seeking the truth. Seek and ye shall find.

7. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Jesse,

You said, "Anything is possible. It's possible a supreme being came into existence and created. It's also possible that all this began with random processes and lots of time."

That is absolutely false! You've most likely been brainwashed by the naturalistic science you've been taught in school "as fact," when it's not. With the technology that molecular science has today, there is nowhere near enough "time" for random chance to occur. Random chance also assumes that things go from better to worse, which defies a basic law of thermodynamics.

More and more naturalistic scientists are admitting that a supreme creator or "designer" (they like to refer to because they can't stand the thought of be morally responsible to a righteous God) is the only answer. Others have given up the "enough time" theory on this earth and are now claiming that life came to earth from a distant solar system. That just moves "their problem" of time to another world. The universe, by their own theory (and I and the Bible differ) is no more than 17 billion years old. That's when they say the "big bang" occured. That's still not enough time, given the complexities of living things, Jesse. Suggested research:

Answers In Genesis

But Jesse, ask yourself the question: Is the Bible true? Is it reliable? Can you model your life after its tenants with success? It is historically true, prophetically reliable, and there are millions of testimonies of changed lives for the much better by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Have you prayed and asked Jesus to be Lord of your life? Have you asked Him to come dwell in your life? That needs to happen and you need to feel it before you make a "public profession of faith" by baptism. The physical water baptism is not what saves. It's beening born of the "water" (washed by the blood of Jesus), and the "spirit" (indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or spiritual baptism) that saves. And you will feel it and know it when it happens. I'm praying for you, Jesse.

8. Pastor Steve

Pastor Steve New Member

Jesse,

In reply to your question. First when you read a word that is in italics in the King James Version, it is an indication that that word was not in the original text. These words were added by the translator for clarification.

Now, when Jesus spoke to Nicodemus in John 3, he was speaking of a spirual rebirth. You were born once physically. That birth placed you into the physical realm. The Lord Jesus is speaking of the need to be born in the Spiritual realm. The Bible teaches that when a person places their trust in the Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit has already drawn them to God and then indwells them. That is the spiritual birth. The term "born again" is used in this passage of John 3 as well. That is what the Lord Jesus is talking about.

I am not familiar with the "Lion King" but Jesus death for us was a substition. He took upon Himself the penalty for all our sins. In essence, He took the punishment that we deserve. That is what we mean when we say that Jesus died for us. He died as our substitute to take the penalty for our sins.

Believing in the existence of God, Jesse is more of an "I won't" process rather than "I can't". None of the arguments that we give will convince you. It comes down to your admitting that the Bible is true and that you need the Lord Jesus as your Savior.

Does Jesus want us as we are? Well, that statement involves coming to the Lord Jesus and letting him change us, rather than changing our lives and then recieving Him. You cannot come to Him without faith. Keep on going to that church and sitting under the preaching of the word. There are people there that really love you and are concerned for your soul.

Keep reading the Gospel of John and when you have a question, fire away.

Your servant,
    Pastor Steve

:D

9. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

Jesse,

Faith involves:

INFORMATION
    Your sin has condemned you, Jesus Christ died to take away the penalty for your sin (hell), and thereby save you for all eternity (in heaven).

ASSENT
    You agree that the information is correct. You say, "Yes I agree that this is true and right." In other words, you agree with with what God has said about your sin, the penalty of your sin, and that God can save you.

TRUST
    You ask God to appropriate this truth to your life by His saving you from your sins.

Note: Your trust (faith) isn't the object of your salvation. GOD saves you. Faith is the means through which you approach God for His salvation.

Please give assent to the truthfulness of the Word of God, and make a decision to trust God for your eternal salvation. There is no middle ground regarding the Scriptures and Jesus Christ. Either He is the Saviour of the world and to be trusted for salvation, or He is the biggest hoax in the history of Western culture. He said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light. No man comes to Father except through Me."

May God open your heart!

Chick

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Chick Daniels ]

10. Chet

Chet New Member

Jesse,

I have been watching this thread, praying for you. Everything that has been said is true, read closely what wellsjs is writing. He is telling you the truth. I would also recommend yet another site for you to check out. Creation is the only answer.

If you can Jesse, I would highly recommend that you order this mans tapes. I promise you will not be disappointed. And there is not a copyright on them so Dr. Hovind would not mind if you even watched them and sent them back for a full refund.

You asked if you could be saved. My answer to you is YES. When I was questioning things as you are now, I decided to read the Bible for myself. In one week I read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Something great happened to me then, I put my trust in those red letters. The red letters is when Jesus spoke. I loved them so much. I was so upset at the end of John, for there were no more read letters left. Since then I have really studied the Scriptures. But you know what Jesse?, Nothing is as incredible in the Word of God as the fact that Jesus said He Loves Us. He not only said it, He showed it.

God commands perfect righteousness to enter heaven. This Jesse is a fact. But Jesus who is God, came to live a perfect life as a man. He never sinned. He wants to give you that perfect righteousness. It's His gift, to you. The Bible says that the wages of sin is death. That includes spiritual death. You are spiritually dead Jesse, and God wants to make you alive. Jesus came and died to pay for you sin debt, and He rose again to breath life, spiritual life into you. And Jesse that life is eternal. You ask, can I be saved? Yes you can.

I too will be praying...

With love,

Chet

11. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

12. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

Jesse,

Hell is easy to understand if you consider this one word "Justice".
    Is it reasonable to you that if God dose exist, he would punish child molesters, rapists, murderers etc.?
    Sure it's reasonable. We all have the built in knowledge of the concept of Justice. The other day, I read a news paper account of a man that killed a seven month old baby…. I got to tell you that for a few seconds I saw red, I was furious at the thought of that PUNK picking up that defenseless baby and shaking it to death!

Then I remembered how the crying of a baby could get on your nerves. There is no excuse for what he did, he deserves to be put to death, but being human, I understood what might have motivated the man. I realized that "but for the Grace of God go I" I have no elusions of my own goodness and had God not intervened in my life, I had the capacity of doing the same thing.

Now consider God, I know you have probably heard that God is love, and that’s true, but have you considered that God is also MAD AS HELL? My own humanity brought my level of anger down but that’s not the case with God. Can you see that God could pore out his wrath on that man and be perfectly just in doing so? Theirs more… He is not only angry about the "big sins" in the Bible he says "all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire" have you ever told a lie? God hasn’t. Justice demands that ALL sinners pay.

Maybe your thinking "how can God be a God of love and at the same time be mad as hell?" that’s a good question and if it cant be answered, you may well have reason to doubt. The only way to answer that is if you look at the cross. The Bible says that "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever belevith in him should not perish but have everlasting life" Jesus was God in the flesh and, on the cross, he took all the punishment for sin. He had never sinned but took the place for sinners. In doing so, he demonstrated his love for us AND his love of Justice.

Remember the man that killed the baby? What would be an acceptable attitude for him to take? He should be sorry, he should be ashamed, and he should literally hate what he did and purpose in his heart to never do it again, that’s repentance. "God commands all men everywhere to repent" how do you feel about telling lies, lusting, dishonoring your parents, coveting etc.? If you ever get to the place where you realize the seriousness of your sins and that you have sinned against God… your half way there…if you will dare to believe the Gospel, God will save you.

God bless, Larry

13. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Jesse,

There have been many good responses to you and your questions. The Bible and the gospel message are anchored by reasonable evidence that they are true, and you've been exposed to them.

Notice I did not say rock-solid proof. If you must have that Jesse, I'm sorry to say that you will die in your sins. God's plan from the beginning of creation is that man must seek Him by faith. If you repent of your sins as Larry spoke of, then all that's left for you to do is take that leap of faith!

When a person dies Jesse, their sins have to be paid for. The Bible says "the wages of sin is death." Rom 6:23. The question is, who's going to pay for yours? Jesus already has, but conditionally :confused: . If you ask Jesus to reign in your life, then His payment of your sins on the cross will stand. If you die rejecting what Jesus did on the cross for you, then you will have to pay for your sins yourself, and that's a real shame when they've already been paid for by Jesus. I'm praying for you Jesse!

14. Jesse

Jesse New Member

We'll see what happens. Thanks for listening.

15. preacher

preacher New Member

For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I
    succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation.
    2Cor6:2

16. the 'I AM' hath sent me

I would be glad to converse with you further by e-mail if you would like. It is [email protected]. By the way, I am one of the younger ones on the Board. I am only 22, so I am not a geezer yet.

FundamentalDan[/QB][/QUOTE]

FundamentalDan: May I call you Bro. Dan? I had a dear friend, a mentor if you will, who went home to be with the Lord recently. His name was Bro. Dan. Sweetest man I knew. Anyway it is Great to read posts from Christian brothers who are my age, I am 23. I was Saved by the Grace of God two and a half years ago. Praise God for His Mercy!

Jesse, Believe that there is a God in Heaven. He very much loves you and wants to call you son. Have Faith Jesse, God is Real and if you are truly seeking Him, you Will find Him. May God Bless your Search, and I pray you find Him soon.
    We are not promised tomorrow, we aren't promised the next second. He's knocking on the door to your heart, don't let Him walk away. He doesn't leave calling cards. You may not get a second chance to get in touch with Him. :(
    You're in my prayers, Kenneth [​IMG]

17. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Jesse,

I was actually looking for something else in the Bible, but when I read these words, my heart lept for you, because you have been on my mind and in my prayers:
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief. Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith. (Heb 3:18-4:2 NIV)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Still praying for you Jesse!

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: wellsjs ]

18. Jesse

Jesse New Member

On July 29th., after words from a good friend, I asked Jesus to come into my life and be my lord and savior. On August 5th., I was baptized in the Lighthouse Baptist church.

19. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

Jesse, Welcome to the Family! Amen! Glory to God!

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby

20. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Jesse,

That is wonderful! Praise God! :D

I'm in tears as I write. You are living proof that God answers prayers. You will soon find (if you haven't already) what a miracle being saved is. You will look at others who aren't saved, loved ones and friends, and think "I used to be exactly like that." So don't judge them. Balance the knowledge that you were once where they still are, with thankfulness and joy that God chose you and revealed Himself to you; once you were lost, but now are found! :D :D :D