1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I want to get a Study Bible in the newer NAS version what one ?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Tony kelly, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

If you were going to get a NAS Version what Study Bible would you get and why ? Thanks !

2. pickwick

pickwick New Member

I just got the new MacArthur NASB Study Bible. It is very impressive, all the features of the NKJV MacArthur, but with a true concordance.

You might find it a helpful tool.

Pickwick

3. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

I have MacArthurs in the NKJ .They only have it in hardback the Leathers not coming out till late May .I do like his Study Bible alot .I was thinking of a Life Application .I have one in the NLT like that one also .Thanks !

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I would reccomend the MacArthur as well. I have two- one in the NKJV and a Spanish edition (RV 1960).

5. Convicted by the Spirit

I recommend it as well. I have the one in the NKJV and will be getting the one in NASB soon. Good notes and commentary.

6. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

I may wait till the end of May and get the Leather one from MacArthur's site .

7. Keith M

Keith M New Member

I'm partial to the Ryrie Study Bible. It is now available in the NAS95. My favorite Ryrie was the NKJV available years ago, but I haven't seen it in print for several years.

8. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

I have used Ryrie's study Bible's for years .I have one in the NIV ,KJ and the older NAS .

9. KellyWhite

KellyWhite New Member

What features make a good study Bible?

In the past, I've used a standard Bible and a supplement from another source.

Opppps! I was told to stay out of the Baptist only areas. :(

10. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

11. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

I would pass on the NASB and go with the Reformers Study Bible in the ESV translation - it is recognized by scholars as a better translation than the NASB.

Before making the final choice - check out the ESV it is in the best family of English translations INCLUDING the NASB - those would be the KJV, NKJV, ESV, NASB, HCSB and the LITV. These all use the best underlying texts and hold to a more literal word-for-word translation philosophy.

12. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Which scholars?

2) That seems like a big generalization.

13. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

I have just finished the ESV and honest in the Reformation Study Bible .I really like it but want the updated NAS to read through next .I don;t know if its better but from what I read on it and about it its very good !

14. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

I have heard both ways, the ESV and NASB.

So far, as I compare them, I am still leaning towards the NASB, but ESV is definately 2nd.

Neither has very many study bibles, which is why I am excited about the MacArthur Study bible in NASB. As soon as I'm not poor...........

15. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

I guess I am a bit biased towards the ESV, the NASB is a very good translation and am NOT knocking it.

Though I haven't looked through it I would say the NASB MacArthur Study Bible would be one to seriously consider for sure, since his NKJV is recognized as the leading study Bible in the NKJV translation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.