1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Will Give You 1 Guess?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Trying2DoRight, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Don't worry Brother, I got your back, if it's worth any thing. I reported that post and besides, he's a poser....

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You don't know that.

3. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

His name should have been, TRYING2GETBANNED.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Forget the "trying" part, I'd imagine it will be any minute now, if not already happened.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post reported.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I beat you to it!! Na na na na na boo boo!! :laugh:

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Hey Buddy,

We are in agreement on this. My wife, for example, has a charm bracelet. For Christmas I got her a charm of a kitchen sink.

The reason she always asks permission to speak is once I went up to her and said, "I want to be frank with you." She replied "I thought you were Mike."

Then there was the incident last week. I got a dog for my mother in law. I thought it was a fair trade.

I took the check book away from her last week. The bank had returned her last check. When I confronted her, and told her flat out "the bank returned your check" her response was "what are we going to buy now?"

The other day she smarted off to me, she said our son Joshua gets all his smarts from me. I replied, I know, I still got mine.

Brother, you are right on. God bless you as your marriage blossoms.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So are you responsible for dressing this guy. I like that title Baptist in Church of God. Kind of a paradox.

#51 saturneptune, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The other day, I had been out hunting and had a really good day, so I went home and told my wife that I was king. So, she being the ever loving and supporting wife that she is, crowned me.

I told my wife one day, I am king, and you're nothing. I told her again the same thing. She looked at me and said, "So you're the king of nothing".

I took these from different episodes of the "Honeymooners".

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No. He looks like Pope John Paul II's evil twin...all dressed in black. I have a feeling someone is missing some drapes....

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe I Missing the Point?

BUT, it sure seems like these are a form or works and not GRACE! Please enlighten me as to where I am missing your point T2DR?

I realize, that there are two roads available for us to travel, and it seems to me that this verse or teaching lines up with that scripture from Matthew 7:13-14. A lot of good intentioned, RELIGIOUS folks will hear the words "Depart from me!" As for commandments, Jesus reduced the number ten to TWO! And basically told us that we were no longer under the law, but Grace.

I believe that there are always going to be born-again believers who are rascals and while their names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life, they will struggle with their walk, but God is not going to dismiss them because I will be forever saved.

I smell something other than Calvin's eternal security as the underlying agenda/motive in the premise of your OP!

Still, that is your opinion, and it is up to you to live with and believe. I do not believe that a person who is saved, will purposely return to the darkness once they find the light. There are always going to be those who struggle to walk the Path, but they will make it to the end! And that is because His grace is stronger and more everlasting than the folly's and temptations we sometimes yield to during our walk!

That is GRACE. No one can intentionally sin, and call themselves a believer. I know this first hand! Even though I went Prodigal, I never once lost sight of His will for me, and the Spirit convicted me. It was when I stopped sensing that conviction that I returned to the Father and never again faltered in the sins and follies that caused me to go shipwreck and walk a loose path!

God bless and thanks for sharing. There is one thing I love about the bond that ties all of us together, and that is the ability we have to lovingly agree to disagree! Shalom and welcome to the board. I pray your stay be as wonderful as mine has been over the last seven years :smilewinkgrin:

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Hey, don't mess with Brother SN's and myself "funnin'" okay? Why did you have to get all serious and stuff? It's not like it's a debate forum, ya know? LOL Love ya Brother Paul!!!

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a spirit of martyrdom?

...coming up within you? Put that spirit to rest, and know that you have the right to believe as you wish! God will correct you and show you any errors when you get to heaven.

There seem to be many ways to believe [doctrinally speaking], so long as one has BEEN truly born-again; I think there will always be those who have different points of view, with some being quite RADICAL, and others being just a twist or nudge from being spot on!

You seem to fall somewhere in that wide awry of opinions shared! God bless, and try not to be offended. God will do the straightening out when we a get to heaven! Of that I am confident. As to how right, wrong or off-kilter I am, in this life, WELL that will be determined in heaven and CERTAINLY not on this board!

No one on this BOARD has the right answer(s). If they did, they certainly WOULDN"T be on this board! They'd be speaking in stadiums around the world and heralded as a great man of God! :smilewinkgrin:

17. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Now that is funny. :)

18. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

TRYING2GETBANNED sort of reminds me of Darwin Fish.

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why can't God accept us both? And I thought you were a woman. :confused:

Remember I googled your thread about birth control/abortion and found it spammed across many websites? You post under a woman's name in one of them.

I thought you were a female.

#59 Scarlett O., Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  20. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    James_2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Do you keep EVERY single one of commandments?

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.