1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I will show mercy to whom I will show mercy!!!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Aug 11, 2006.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I will show mercy to whom I will show mercy!!!

Proverbs 3:12
    because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

Proverbs 13:24
    He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

Hebrews 12:6
    because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

Revelation 3:19
    Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

John 21:
    18Jesus said, "Feed my sheep. I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go." 19Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, "Follow me!"20Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") 21When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?"
    22Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." 23Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

Matthew 9:13
    But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Matthew 12:7
    If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.

Romans 12:1
    [ Living Sacrifices ] Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

Micah 6:8
    He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Hosea 6:6
    For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

James 2:
    8If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself,"[Lev. 19:18] you are doing right. 9But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11For he who said, "Do not commit adultery,"[Exodus 20:14; Deut. 5:18] also said, "Do not murder."[Exodus 20:13; Deut. 5:17] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
    18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
    19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
    20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[Some early manuscripts dead]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[ Gen. 15:6] and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
    25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Romans 13:8
    [ Love, for the Day is Near ] Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.