1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Will Vote for President Bush Next Tuesday

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Stolen taxpayers money????? What are you talking about? Didn't he receive federal funds because of his support in the 2000 election?

But regardless, spending 500K did not make him serious. He was not a serious candidate. He was a third party candidate, but he still got airtime. Peroutka did not. It shows us that as bad as Nader was in the vote, Peroutka was worse. You can't pretend to run a campaign like Peroutka did and still expect to get taken seriously. I wish the CP well in teh next election. As I said, I voted for the CP in every race I could except for President. I want them to get more standing.

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I think Peroutka was a very serious candidate, and ran the best campaign he could with the limited funds he had. To get on the ballot in almost 40 states, and 1% of the vote in three states with less than a million dollars for the entire campaign is a victory in my book.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

As I pointed out before, a "serious candidate" is one who has a legitimate shot at showing up in the polls. Peroutka was not. Perhaps next time ....