1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ideas needed

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Pastor_Bob, May 18, 2005.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am looking for a 6 - 8 week Adult Sunday School promotion. Any ideas?

2. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

I once used a promotion called "Building the Wall." It was based on the book of Nehemiah. I don't recall where I got it. I have used up most of the material over the past few years, but will be happy to share the basic concepts with you if you.

Prepare 6-8 lessons (or sermons) on the book of Nehemiah.

Divide your Sunday School roll up into two equal groups, the Builders and the Battlers. (I included all age groups in each of these.)

I printed name stick-on name tags each week (red ink for Builders and black ink for Battlers), and the badges had the campaign logo on them. (a brick wall being built)

The idea is for each team to earn "bricks" for the wall by doing certain things. For example, a team can earn a certain number of bricks for perfect attendance, contacts, new members, first-time visitors, etc.

You will award the bricks each week and "lay" them in a "wall" in your worship center for everyone to see. The Battlers' bricks will be red and the Builders' bricks will be white. Cut the bricks out of 2/4's and paint them.

The wall can be made from two 4x4x8 posts, one or more sheets of 4x8 plywood, and some 2x4s. The posts will be your end pieces of the wall and the plywood will be your backing on the wall. The 2x4s can be used for your bottom and top pieces and center support pieces if the wall needs to be more than 8 ft. long.

Each team (Builders and Battlers) will have a team leader. He or she will "lay" the bricks in the wall each Sunday morning as they are awarded. A running total should be kept to show how many bricks each team has in the wall each week.

Obviously, the winning team will be the one with the most bricks in the wall.

This campaign generated a lot of interest among my people. Maybe it will help you, too.

I hope this jumbled up explanation at least get you going. If I can answer any questions, please ask.

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'm doing a teaching series on Sunday mornings from the pulpit that i'm calling "Survivor: The Family" where i've created a survivor type camp (from the TV show); and i'm focusing on 6 different family related issues. I'm pretty sure this can be converted to a sunday school series also.
    I've got a logo that i borrowed from a different church (with their permission) that i used to make flyers and brochures.

Let me know if you are interested in seeing any of it.

bdd