1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IDENTIFYING FALSE TEACHERS

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by No Deceit, Nov 20, 2003.

1. No Deceit

No Deceit New Member

The following is not exhaustive, because, no doubt, other factors may come into play that would clearly identify a person as a false teacher (like a homosexual teacher, or an adulterer who is a teacher, or a female pastor, 1 Timothy 2:11-14; 1 Corinthians 14:34-37; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). But, here are seven identifying marks from Scripture. If any one of these points can honestly describe a man, that they are characteristic of his life, any one of these alone marks him as false. This is not to say that these marks stand alone, that is, that a man would have only one mark and not any others. But, for the sake of simplicity and to help in identification, one mark is all it takes.

For remainder of article, click here

[ November 20, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Are you not capable of any original thought on your own? Are are you simply going to advertise your site on this board by cutting and pasting?

3. Smoky

Smoky Member

Deceit,

You know, I think I'd be careful about advertising that site too much. It's going to decrease your credibility about 90% in anything else you say!

4. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Exhaustive... maybe not

Exhausting... absolutely :D

Went to the website... is there anyone who isn't a false teacher other than yourself? :D

According to your website, the Early Church Fathers were Catholic and that is the basis for labeling them as false teachers.

Because the teachings of the Church for the first 300 years don't match your beliefs, that makes them wrong?

Interesting logic. :rolleyes:

BTW, you know that no one is going to actually read your oppressively long and tedious posts, don't you?

5. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

Not only that, when I first came on here a year ago, I got REAMED GOOD for making long posts!!!

Mr. Administrator, could we have a little parity here please?

Brother Ed -- one of the decieved "papists" standing on the shoulders of the Early Fathers.

6. No Deceit

No Deceit New Member

Well, the substance is what is important. There are many false teachers out there and we should be exposing them.

Now I have noticed there are many Catholics around here...correct me if I wrong, but this is a Baptist board? Protestant right? Anyhow, I don't feel compelled to prove that Catholicism is a false religion and full of heresy. That has been made clear many times before by many others.

In His love,
    al soto

7. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was YOU, Ed?

No deceit, the members her are correct. Most people will not read any posts taller than their monitor screen. Please use a link when it suffices.

Thank you.

Clint Kritzer

8. No Deceit

No Deceit New Member

9. No Deceit

No Deceit New Member

OK, so let me ask you the questions:

1. What makes someone a false teacher?
    2. Should we expose them?

al soto

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you for the web link. I have copied the contents for reference.

In Christ,

Bob

11. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Bob, did you catch this page on that site?

"Seventh-day Adventists, On The Road To Hell"

Just click on "Seventh Day Adventist" under the heading of "False Teachers" in the left hand column.

http://www.atruechurch.info/home.html

12. Me2

Me2 New Member

A false teacher:

is someone who denies that they have been resurrected from the dead with the spirit of Christ "within them" that the father has given them.

not their own original carnal spirit that they were physically born with as a baby.

but a brand spankin new righteous and resurrected spirit that has proven to its owner (us) to be more powerful than death itself. the "spirit of Christ"

not someone who dreams or imagines of a person that (might have) lived on the planet 2000 years ago along with 100 million other guys called john.

but "living proof" that the "spirit of Jesus Christ" has been resurrected From death and now resides "within" us.

that is abiding in the "doctrine of christ".

an easy way of detecting a false teacher is observing them standing in the way of any human being and God. in any form.

by denying the mercy and forgiveness of God to any human being until their non spirit existence.
    (which is never)

1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

abiding in the "doctrine of Christ" means resting in the intimate knowledge of Christ "in you". the "Living Hope" that is "in you".

Some say we physically have to die to Go to heaven. To see Jesus. sorry thats incorrect.

Heaven is "in us" in the form of Our new spirit. the "us in God, and God in us".

We dont Go anywhere to get to heaven.
    We're already there.

Heaven is revealed to us by the knowledge of Being "in Christ" and "Christ in You".

My advise (IMHO) after reading this article.

be careful if they preach any form of eternal seperation between God and any man, woman or child.

thats antichrist.

it is false teaching that concerns the "limited mercy" and "limited forgiveness" of Christ.
    and also if they teach that mans influence (will) is greater than Gods influence (will).
    thats impossible. God ALWAYS wins.

Me2

13. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob, did you catch this page on that site?

"Seventh-day Adventists, On The Road To Hell"

Just click on "Seventh Day Adventist" under the heading of "False Teachers" in the left hand column.

http://www.atruechurch.info/home.html
    </font>[/QUOTE]T2U - In case you have not noticed - I have copied a number of RC documents for reference as well. That does not make me Roman Catholic.

In Christ,

Bob