1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If a baker were to adverstise....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a baker (photographer, florist, ect) were to advertise that he welcomes / specializes in homos*xual weddings -.....

Would you patronize that business?

Second question ?
    would that businessman want to advertise that or would he be afraid that he would loose too much business?

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

IS the food good?

If he's trying to reach a certain demographic for business purposes, why not? I don't think it's a good business practice, but if wants to run the risk of doing so...

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    don't know - my taste buds don't work - SERIOUSLY - (but that's for another thread)
    Key word - RISK

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Surely that is the business right to choose, as it is your right to choose where you spend your money. I hate the idea of a business or a supplier of services being forced to supply or support something that is repugnant to them. As a nurse I was given false information and inadvertently assisted in an abortion....I still get upset over this.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, you are too young to remember but sodomites used to be considered as mentally ill. They protested and disrupted annual psychiatric meetings until a sodomite president of the psychiatric association ruled that sodomites were not mentally ill.

Having said all that, I do not want to eat their food. I consider them dirty people.

Indianapolis, as everyone nationally now knows, has a large and rich sodomite community downtown Indianapolis. They have their own street and shops so that everyone knows who they are. Now I have bohemian streak in me in that I like the arts but I do not like their neighborhoods and shops and try to stay far away from them.

I base my thinking on Abraham's statement to the King of Sodom:

Genesis 14:23 (KJV) That I will not [take] from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that [is] thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

Also, from the ones that I have known in my work, I agree fully with Ezekiel concerning the nature of sodomites:

Ezekiel 16:49 (KJV) Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good].

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that you think you know how old I am.

Apparently you did not properly read my OP

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

Can't speak to what someone else would want to do or be afraid of.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just complementing you on your youth, Salty.

No, I would not patronize any business catering to sodomites. Sodomites are mentally ill.

As for what other people do with their money, I think that how a person spends his money is his business as long as it is within the law.

#8 church mouse guy, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Just WOW!

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with that statement fully.

I want to agree with you on that statement - BUT are we loosing a witnessing opportunity?

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and no. There are two books, as you know, and the external universe testifies of Jesus. We should testify to them if the opportunity presents itself because many of them do repent. I don't do enough person-to-person.