1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If a female were to make a ML Baseball team???

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Jul 20, 2022.

1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the DH, I could see a woman who had command of a knuckle ball being able to pitch at the major league level. I could see that kind of specialization happening.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another post claiming error, but without knowledge of truth. Anyone can make up criteria that supports their position, such as "that is troubling" without saying anything. Our lines of communication are being jammed with gibberish.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. I guess the question is why shouldn't the best players play regardless of race or gender.

4. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there is a difference, though it may not be very relevant to whether women should play in the Majors. Blacks were excluded from ML merely for being Black, while at the same time Major League teams would do some off-season barnstorming that included playing against Negro League teams, and it was blatantly obvious that many Blacks had the requisite talent to play in the Bigs.
    If there are from-birth women who have talent for MLB (and who want to play in the Majors), of course they should be able to do so.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't want to see trans on the field (I'd hate to tell my buddy that pitcher is cute only to find out she was a he :Sick ).

But at the same time I have to ask why. If integrated it would not matter. It'd perhaps ruin the game as it'd be another venue where that's shoved down our throats, but it wouldn't actually have a bearing on the game itself.