1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If Abortion is THE Issue for Deciding How You Vote...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 29, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 4:18 (ESV)
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mt 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

No, not at all. All of these items you offer as proof simply outline the parameters for abortion in the states who pass them. None of them actually do anything to overturn the decision.

If you consider this to be progress, then I guess the people who claim to be pro-life in politics every election year own your vote.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go ahead, Mitchell, live in fear. It's your choice.

By the way, only God is worthy of being reverend.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I simply posted scripture as it teaches godly fear. Hard to argue with that. And my username is just that. Nothing more.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hard to argue that a saved person should have his knees knocking in fear of his Heavenly Father, as well.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Come on, Ken. That's a cheap shot based on frivolity. You are classier than this.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

And let's not forget those who claim to be pro-life or say they want to reduce abortions, but vote another way. All the candidates who are legislators that are in the race on both sides are guilty of this. Save Huckabee, we have no true, consisten pro-lifer in the race. But with his other shortcomings.......

sigh....:BangHead:

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

1 Peter 4:17&18
    17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
    18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

KenH,

I think that it could be said that Peter is expressing a bit of fear in these verses. As far as salvation is concerned we should have no fear. However, letting the innocent die as we have for the past two generations will not be over looked by God. We had better get or houses in order for judgment is coming on the Church first then it will fall on the ungodly. Even in this respect the Judgment Seat of Christ will occur prier to the Great White Throne.
    Yes sir I think that we had better be in fearful motivation to do what is right and lend our voice to the 49 million voiceless victims of sinful convenience.

KenH.
    I have respected your political views in regards to both parties having a similar record regarding government growth, physical discipline, tax and spend/borrow and spend (of which both grow government) and am in agreement with you. I believe that it is time for a new direction and it could be that the Libertarian Party might be the real party of change. We do need change and change has never came by a Republican or Democrat.
    For me, Ron Paul's assessment that abortion should be a state issue and not a federal does hold merit. A turn around in our thinking of political change is needed not the status quo of change from Republican to Democrat and back again. We are going no where with any issue that is before this nation and the cause of the Right to Life is very much proof of that.
    Let's get this thing turned around. Get our house in order and experience real change before judgment steps in and changes it for us.

10. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Thanks KenH, I have no fear of my salvation being real. I simply said that I fear for my nation. Your quote here has no merit as it is out of context.

11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who is right? Let's go to the scriptures.

Joe 3:19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence [against] the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.

The Lord speaks many many times how He hates the shedding of innocent blood and speaks of the judgments to come because of such disregard for innocent life.

Pro 6:16¶These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

Pro 6:17A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

We are told that everything that was written in the OT was for our benefit, that we should learn from those of the past, not to repeat their sins.

1Cr 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Some like to "wash their hands" of the innocent slaughter. Embracing the lie that since they do not actually pull the trigger then they are excused, or they reduce the innocent life to "zygotes" to take away the personallity of the child which makes it easier for them to ignore the truth.

The scriptures make it clear that anyone involved even behind the scenes is responsible. This is why even voting to support a pro-murder candidate is supporting the shedding of innocent blood.

Judas and Pilate were guilty examples......

Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What [is that] to us? see thou [to that].

Mat 27:24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but [that] rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed [his] hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye [to it].

Yet Pilate was not innocent, Jesus declared Pilate's guilt when He said....

Jhn 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

We witness the falling away of the church even on this board. Appathy and excuses for the slaughter of innocent life. The scriptures declare that this will happen but it is so sad to see fellow Christians falling away from righteousness into the world's theologies.

God sends them witness. Pleads with them. I pray some will abandon the world's philosophy and return to "what saith the Lord". I know all will not because these things must be, but woe to those who ignore God's word on the matter.

God Bless! :thumbs:

12. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Yes, It is becoming very hard to watch what's happening to the Church and our Nation. :tear:

13. DonnaMartinez

DonnaMartinez New Member

100% there with you!!!!! Abortion has been and always will be number 1 for me.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unitl it ends it should be on the top of the list.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Who is the candidate that meets your high standards and deserves your vote?