1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If Adam Hadn't Sinned...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Internet Theologian, Apr 23, 2016.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Icon. The difference here is more than what it appeared at first (it's greater than the headship of Adam). Tom is working off an entirely different view (even if InternetTheologian thinks otherwise).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for responding. I didn't want to misrepresent what you believed, and I think I understand you here. That was what I gathered from the other thread. It's been awhile...not a temporal while but a mental one :D...but things started to click.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes....when anyone departs from the safe haven of scripture into mythology...not only does he miss federal headship, but he has missed sola scriptura as the basis of our beliefs.
    Tom....if you do not have complete confidence in revealed truth you will fail to grasp the gospel savingly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

way past confidence in Original Scripture, not man's opinions about scripture

but I had a question about a statement you made,

Why do you think sinful man knew God before the Flood?

5. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

With ya'll's permission, I would like to take the position that the soul's of men are the sinful heavenly host to a new thread. I am very interested in what others think about this statement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The sins cataloged in Rom 1 were in part why God destroyed the world of the ungodly with a worldwide flood. They turned from God to idols and mythology. the thoughts and intents of their hearts was only evil continually.
    Man devolved because of the effects of the fall....God destroyed them to protect the godly line and the promise of the seed that would come.

Now I was still waiting for you to offer your idea from the greek text on romans 3:23.....it happened at one point in time....show differently if you claim you have understanding of the original scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that would be better, Tom. It is not the topic of the OP, and I have a feeling that the issue is going to be more involved than answering the question "if Adam hadn't sinned."

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

I just love how you cast aspersions and put words in my mouth. Quite unbecoming of the Gospel. :)

2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

10. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let’s see…..

I do not understand your "conciseness" here, brother. If you disagree with me, that is fine. But don't object when I mention your disagreement.

What I said here, to clarify, is that Tom's position deviated from the traditional position regarding this thread in ways beyond the headship of Adam. You disagreed. I noted that you disagreed. That's all. Nothing offensive, no insults, nothing unbecoming a believer, and no words placed in your mouth.

One thing that I miss about the Army is that men had the courage to speak plainly. If by disagreeing with me you meant to agree with me, then apologies for my misunderstanding your "conciseness". Unsure

Quite unbecoming of the Gospel. O O Col. 4:4

I do understand, brother, why you may be ashamed of your words and actions over the past two weeks. I also have said things that I'm ashamed to have written. It happens. But the appropriate response is repentance, not insult.

12. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

I didn't disagree about deviating from the position concerning LaPalma.

[Edited: direct personal attacks removed; JonC]

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then, brother, you have my apology for misunderstanding. But that was my only point - that the issue was deeper than the headship of Adam. To clarify, if you were not disagreeing with my conclusion that the divide here was more than the headship of Adam, what exactly was your objection?