1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If believers understood this, Obama would not be elected.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dan Edwin, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Dan Edwin

Dan Edwin New Member

Most Americans call themselves Christians, but are not aware they are prevented from becoming an heir of the Kingdom of God if they approve of same sex relationships or abortion. In order to be a final sacrifice for sins, Jesus Christ had to be perfect (without sin) in respect to the Mosaic Law, which condemns same sex relationships as an abomination. We are conformed to the likeness of Jesus Christ to become heirs of the Kingdom of God, but if our moral values are contrary to His, we prevent Christ from being formed in us to become an heir. This is the reason why those who condone or practice same sex relationships or abortion are not able to become heirs of the Kingdom of God, unless they repent. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever; because He is the image of the invisible God, He is always the same.

If we vote for Barack Obama (who approves of same sex relationships and abortion) we are promoting values that are contrary to Christ and prevent ourselves from becoming heirs of the Kingdom of God. A candidate whose mentor and pastor for twenty years has preached “<expletive removed> America” is obviously not born again and not the right choice. This is an appeal to America, that we might be re-stored to be the people of God and a great nation again. Consider what happened to the Roman Empire because of the corruption of the government and people.

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Matthew 7:21, 23)

Unfulfilled prophecy reads, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15). This world will not become the Kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, unless we work together with God to bring it to pass.

Jesus answered, "unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God” (John 3:5). I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you, (Galatians 4:19b). We are born of the Spirit by Jesus Christ being formed in us to become heirs of the Kingdom of God.

Because we are predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son of God Jesus Christ (who is the same yesterday, today, and forever), we shall bear the image of the last Adam from heaven (the Lord Jesus Christ); and Christ is formed in us until we come to the stature of the fullness of Christ.

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren (Romans 8:29); Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).

The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven; And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly (1 Corinthians 15:47, 49). We have born the earthy image of Adam; and shall bear the image of the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: (Ephesians 4:13). We are made in the image of Jesus Christ, to attain the stature of the fullness of Christ, to become an heir of the Kingdom of God.

But as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, "BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY" (1 Peter 1:15-16). Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good (Romans 7:12). The law is holy, and we should be holy in all conduct, even as He is holy.

The Mosaic Law, which is holy, reads, it is an abomination for a man to lie with a man, as with a woman! You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22).

The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

Homosexuals and sodomites will not inherit the Kingdom of God!, unless they repent.

God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. ---- Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. ---- And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; ---- being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, ---- backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, ---- undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; ---- who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them (Romans 1:26-32).

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. ---- But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death" (Revelation 21:7-8); These will go away into everlasting punishment, (Matthew 25:46a).

Jesus said, Evening coming on, you say, Clear sky, for the sky is red. And at morning, Today a storm, for the sky is red, being overcast. Hypocrites! You indeed know how to discern the face of the heaven, but you cannot (discern) the signs of the times. An evil and adulterous generation seeks a sign, and a sign will not be given to it, except the sign of Jonah the prophet. And leaving them, He went away (Matthew 16:2-4).
    Global warming, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados, hurricanes, gas crisis, stock market crisis, floods, wars, rumors of war. We need to turn from our wicked ways or be destroyed,……..wake up America!!

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with rushing sound, and having burned the elements will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be burned up. Then all these being about to be dissolved, of what sort ought you to be in holy behavior and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the Day of God, through which the heavens having been set afire will be dissolved; and burning, the elements will melt? (2 Peter 3:10-12)

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14). If we would truly humble our selves and pray, seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways, then the Lord God our Father will forgive our sins and heal our land.

If believers understood this, Obama would not be elected.
    What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light. And what you hear in the ear, proclaim on the housetops (Matthew 10:27).

Take care, trust the Lord, and God bless.

#1 Dan Edwin, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good luck...

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK...there is a strong Biblical argument for practice.

But I can't go with you on saying, "One who condones the g*y agenda or abortion can't be a Christian.

If they do condone it, they are most certainly deceived, and very, very wrong.

But I don't see a Biblical justification to say that they are not saved.

If someone is pro-abortion or pro-homosexuality, they have issues, and they are definitely not on God's side of the issue.

But they are unsaved?......Deceived, certainly; I can't go with they're being automatically unsaved.

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

So if we vote for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party we will be O.K. , Right?
    Surely you are not implying that we should vote for John McCain:eek: Heaven forbid!

5. Dan Edwin

Dan Edwin New Member

If they were saved, a believer can become lost and spiritually "dead" as a prodigal ("dead" in Christ).

For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A DOG RETURNS TO HIS OWN VOMIT," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire." (2 Peter 2:20-22)

If they had "issues" before they became a believer, they might have placed their faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and been forgiven of past sins, but did not repent of their unrighteousness to be forgiven of all trespasses and born again by being quickened together with the Spirit of Christ.

AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.' (Acts 2:21)
    "Shall be saved" does not mean "has been saved".
    He who endures to the end shall be saved. (Matthew 24:13)

A believer that is willfully living in sin has not been saved from it.
    work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; (Philippians 2:12b)

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (John 3:5)

1Jn 2:29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

Then the King will say to those on His right hand (the righteous, saved), 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: (Matthew 25:34)

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). To merely acknowledge our sin (our unrighteousness) is not repentance, We have to acknowledge our sin with a desire in our heart to be delivered from it.

When we truly turn away from the world and sin and to God (from our heart), God will cleanse (purge/purify) us of our unrighteouness as we continue to confess our sins, to save us by quickening us together with the Spirit when forgiven of all trespasses; to live a righteous and holy life and make us an heir of the Kingdom of God as we are made in the image of the Son of God.

Trust the Lord, and God bless

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It's easy to see why you don't have a home church!

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

How profound! What substance! We are all now smarter for having read this post!:thumbs:

8. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

So Dan who are you pulling for in this Presidential election?

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Do you agree with the OP?

I was saying that with this very unusual biblical viewpoint, it might explain why this poster claims to have no home church in his profile.

10. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

To be fair dragonfly, his given occupation is caregiver so he may not be able to attend a Church because his duties may restrict him.
    What I am curious about is his motives for starting this thread.

11. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe you are not a McCain supporter but here is his view on same sex civil unions.

This is pretty much the same view as Obama.

They do differ on the abortion issue but both have stated that they want to see a reduction in abortions.

#11 Gold Dragon, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I cannot believe that, with all the problems and issues in the country right now, the two issues you noted are abortion and gay marriage. Yet another post from a two-issue voter.

We have some really serious issues facing us right now, and abortion and gay marriage aren't even in the top 5.

If you are going to speak of Obama in this light, what about John McCain? How can a Christian cast a vote for a man who left his wife for another woman, never cared for the things of God until he needed the vote of the Religious Right, and has such a problem with his straight talk?

Or can you somehow overlook all that as long as he supports the two issues you hold so dear?

An honest question,
    BiR

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Point taken. I did not look at it from that angle. I just find his theology different than anything I have ever heard, and I've been a Christian for 39 years.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well first you said "it is easy to see" now you back down and say "it might explain". Those two statements are quite contrary. As far as your question "Do you agree with the op?" I am not sure. I am to busy waiting for the next bit of wisdom that will come from you. :applause:

I just can't wait! :thumbs:

15. Dan Edwin

Dan Edwin New Member

(you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man..........where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, ("neither Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, etc.") but Christ is all and in all (Colossians 3:9a-10b, 11).

We worship and study with various congregations, but do not identify with any particular denomination. Our relationship with God is through the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, not through the doctrine of any particular denomination. The spirituality of the believer is not defined by doctrine, but by the heart of the believer. The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:17).

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism;(Ephesians 4:4-5)

But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. (1 Corinthians 12:20)

We are blessed and proud to be "Christians", members of the family of God.

Several motives for starting the thread:
    to help other members have a better understanding of salvation;
    to show those who practice unrighteousness shall not inherit the Kingdom of God;
    to show believers Obama-Biden would be a poor choice because they would not lead our country in the paths of righteousness as well as McCain-Palin would;
    to show we should concur with Christ in Spirit, mind, and action in order to be conformed to His image to become an heir of the Kingdom of God.

Trust the Lord, and God bless.

16. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since Obama and McCain have essentially the same stance on homosexual civil unions as evidenced by the VP debate where both candidates agreed, do your judgments apply to McCain-Palin supporters?

17. Dan Edwin

Dan Edwin New Member

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

When the morality of the country goes down, the country goes down with it, and all the legislation and devices D.C. or whoever comes up can not stop it. If we lose the favor of God (which we already have), then God will let our country go into perdition for correction. Abortion, homosexuality, coveteousness, are three of the main reasons America is on wide path of destruction.

We have an answer to resolve the financial crisis and to begin to restore America. There are many others who understand and we are willing to share it, but it will not do any good unless God allows it to be seen.

Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith (Romans 16:25-26).

The next two verses show, “Jesus dwells in God the Father”; “We dwell in God the Father”, and,
    The Holy Spirit of God is in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God is in us.

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? (John 14:10a)

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God,
    God dwells in him, and he (dwells) in God the Father(1 John 4:15).
    “God dwells in him” is saying, the Holy Spirit of God our Father dwells in our body with us; and
    "he (dwells) in God” is saying, we dwell in God, Who “holds” us in our body, which is the “hand” of God our Father.

In summarization: Jesus Christ is in God our Father, we are in God our Father, and
    God our Father dwells in Jesus Christ, just as God our Father dwells in us.

Jesus said, I am in God and God is in me; and we are in God and God is in us.

God loves all of us, we are His offspring

18. Dan Edwin

Dan Edwin New Member

Whatever we have presented are from the Bible and are not "my judgements".
    Our posts ("shouts") are understanding to bring the "dead in Christ" to rise first.

Obama-Biden lean more toward the homosexual and abortion agenda, which are against Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God, preventing them (and those with similar moral values) from being make in His image to become heirs of the Kingdom of God.

McCain-Palin lean more toward the right and will do more to bring us into the Kingdom of God, whereas electing Obama-Biden is evidence America chooses darkness over light. We prefer light and working with God, rather than darkness into perdition.

If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there (Psalms 139:8).

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil (Genesis 3:22a).
    The people do not know the difference yet, for if we did, we would surely choose good.

But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil (Hebrews 5:14).

Let's choose righteousness and get God back on our side again. Things will go much better for us when we do.

Trust the Lord, and God bless

#18 Dan Edwin, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
  19. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you saying it is a relative thing regarding the homosexual agenda? Both candidates support homosexual civil unions but you believe one of them leans more towards the homosexual agenda (it would be nice to have evidence of that) and the bible condemns those who vote for the candidate leaning further to the left (it would be nice to have scripture for that).

Or are you saying that McCain's position on the abortion issue absolves his position on the homosexual issue?

#19 Gold Dragon, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
  20. Dan Edwin

Dan Edwin New Member

Those who promote unrighteousness condemn their self.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22).
    Jesus Christ had to be without sin in order to fulfill the Law.

so the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Romans 8:4).
    For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Look at their records to see who has done more to promote the homosexual agenda and use some common sense.

Take care, and trust the Lord