1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

if CCM,Southern Gospel,hym music were sumo wrestlers who would win

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dallasdid, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

what is the best and why and what proof have you lets start this nasty debate no holds barred and any thing goes. No DQ show me what you got

2. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

http://www.studentski-servis.com/fotografije/fotke_kar_tako/sumo.jpg

Here's CCM (Red Trunks) taking on hymns for the title. [​IMG]

[The image you posted was too large, so I changed it to a link.

Posting Rule 12. Limit image size. Any image used in a post may not exceed the size of the BB logo at the top of the homepage.

Your friendly co-moderator
    Aaron [​IMG] ]

[ September 15, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

3. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

And we all know David's simple faith destroyed Goliath's ancient heritage. [​IMG]

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think of our music as links in a chain. We sing songs by Bernard of Clairvaux form 1000 and Luther form 1500 and Watts from 1600 and Toplady and Bliss and Crosby and even John Peterson, we are, in effect, linking ourselves to a heritage of music BASED ON DOCTRINE.

What are we "linked" to with Southern Gospel? Country music and Black folk songs.

And, perish the thought, what are we "linked to with CCM? Even the most die hard CCM'er would admit there is a HUGE amount of fluff and tripe in that genre.

5. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

I would say upwards of 95% is total excrement, but that's just my opinion.

6. Pete

Pete New Member

Bro Enda, great shot [​IMG] Sums it up really, CCM is generally small and fast but very little meat, hymns are solid :D

7. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

I think it would be a tough match. I see hyms coming out early since they are more skilled and dominating the match. But then i see CCM being youthful lasting longer because of age and showing hym music a thing are to. Then I picture southern Gospel coming in the ring and smacking CCM and hym music with a chair and southern Gospel starts to act like it won but then what he does not know is ccm is made up of more than one type of music i mean over 6 and so ccm the rest of them storm the ring and lay the smack down on southern gospel while hym music is slow to get up due to age. But then i see ccm taking southern gospel and hym music and opening a can and knocking them through tables. Then I see the elderly section of the arena coming to the aid of hym music and they over power ccm and then southern gospel dont forget has another part the black style so then the black southern gospel people run to the ring and before you know it you got a royal rumble and their all going at it and in the end i dont know what. I figure hym music is so old with his buddies they all pass out then southern gospel people too big and out of shape most of them so that keeps them from going on. And CCM is so youthful they end up winning the match. Thats my story and im sticking to it :eek:

8. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

And then we have praise and worship music which is linked to the Bernard, Luther, and Watts chain.

There is fluff and tripe, but there is fluff and tripe in some of the hymns as well.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hilarious pic, Enda! [​IMG]

10. yod

yod Member

I think Southern Gospel wins because they are rednecks and everyone knows how mean they can be!!!!

The hymns would be polite and graceful while CCM is too busy enjoying himself.

11. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Just watch out for those Christian rappers and death metal bands, I'm sure they can get rowdy.