1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If Christians REALLY Cared

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

about the moral and economic decline of the United States then our focus would be an all out Great Commission resurgence to make more followers of Christ. The more people following Christ, the greater the impact of Christ in our local communities, then our states then the nation and then...[​IMG]...

The answer to what ails us is not a political party. It's not another President. It's not a new Congress. It's not winning the argument against all things homosexual. It's not sending the illegal immigrants back. And it's not making abortion illegal.

The answer to saving a country is JESUS SAVING!!!:thumbsup:

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You talk a good walk.....

But, unlike you, who spends most of the time judging us, we will have to let God judge your walk to support your talk on this board. Don't get me wrong, if you're the spiritual giant you claim to be, we will all see what God says at the Great White Throne. Shalom, keep a walkin' that talk the world needs many more like you! :smilewinkgrin:

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally agree with you.

But some of us have an interest in political discussions and choose to talk about it in the Politics forum.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...which doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is placing their faith in politics rather than God....

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So while we're promoting Jesus, are we supposed to not speak out against unrighteousness?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that ITL.:thumbsup: We just need to remember as God's people what we're called to FIRST.:thumbsup:

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Correct.:jesus:

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't say that as I've never said that. We just need to stop acting as though being heard speaking against unrighteousness is going to be more effective than speaking against the rejection of Jesus Christ and why people should look to Him to be saved.:1_grouphug:

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THAT I understand. To put it another way - are you so busy being against something that people don't know what you're for?

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's it precisely Don. And the enemy has manipulated God's people into doing that so regularly that the ISSUES and being for or against them is what we're known for instead of loving Jesus Christ and others and wanting people to be saved by Him.

That in itself should have every Christian on his knees in repentance every day.

I don't think I've ever heard, except while doing mission work, that the Church sure does know how to love.

11. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

We try to force the ways of Kingdom of the Gospel into the operation of a Democratic system of laws and procedures. Even though our Constitution may be based on Christian principals, it falls short of the Kingdom. It was not meant as a Kingdom Government. It was meant as a free enough government to allow it's people to preach the Gospel of Jesus to the lost, not preach the American way. This warning is exampled by Jesus refusing to be a natural King at the people's urging.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check with the people that go to my church. And it's not because of me, but because of everyone who's a member there.

13. plain_n_simple

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

Your assumption is that those who support limited government, moral uprightness and a strong defense don't also preach Christ to the lost. It is a terribly wrong and misguided assumption.

We "see" each other only in the context of this board. It is assumed -- perhaps illogically -- that all of us here are brothers and sisters in Christ and do not want to know or need to know our evangelistic activities. Judging those based on what is posted here is ridiculous.

Your error is attempting to evangelize the saved.

#14 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's a terribly misguided and wrong assumption that YOU THINK I make because that certainly isn't it.

I didn't say it wasn't happening. But ( and you'll probably deny it with every breath in your being and make you and your church the exception just because I said it ) sharing the Gospel doesn't come close to the place that complaining about politics and political issues and politicians has in the life of your average evangelical church goer.

And the proof is in the fact that the average evangelical church goer as evidenced on this board and throughout the church doesn't really live as though Jesus is the answer.

That's why we unrepentantly sin in the name of politics because politics and the men in politics is viewed as the solution more so than Jesus Christ.

Judging those based on what is posted here is anything but ridiculous unless you're saying you know of a pattern of behavior from individuals on here that doesn't match up with "who they are" when they are off the board and at church and at home.

I would even venture that this board shows more of who people really are because its anonymous for the most part. And traditionally anonymity breeds boldness on message boards because people can say the things they wouldn't say to an individual or a group of individuals faces.

Who is trying to evangelize the save? The issue I take with the SAVED on this board and throughout the evangelical church is how politics has made us look like anything but saved.

16. plain_n_simple

True statement, so I'll have to apologize for my rant against your profession awhile back. You are trying to help people and that shouldn't warrant criticism.

17. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The problem is that those who shout for limited government are the same ones who seem to care less that people are going without health insurance, poverty wages, hungry. They seem to care only for themselves and have no concern for their brothers and sisters in need ... regardless of age. There are no Christ teachings in those stances.

18. thisnumbersdisconnected

Show me some statistical evidence of that claim, please. If you can't -- and you can't -- then it is nothing more than misguided opinion.
    You don't really understand the makeup of this board, do you? It is obvious that most members of this board are not the "average evangelical church goer" but a variety of professional and semi-professional church and parachurch servants. As I said, all of us here are brothers and sisters in Christ and do not want to know or need to know each other's evangelistic activities. Judging those based on what is posted here is ridiculous. Yet you wish to make excuses for continuing to do so while adding a false demographically related opinion of who the membership of this board is.
    When I start seeing the majority of your posts being related to the spiritual rather than the political, that statement will bear some weight. For now, it does not.
    The error is found in your ignorance of why people become members here, and what they're position is in the previously mentioned spiritual organizations. It is obvious you haven't a clue to either.
    You being a case in point. The fact is, most of us know quite a bit about one another, because we've shared in our posts who we are, where we serve, what our hopes, dreams, desires and even our fears are -- making note of the fact you've done hardly any of that whatsoever. You're judging people based on what you think you know without benefit of sharing who you are, as the rest of us have done.
    You are. Every time you try to chastise us for not doing that which you have no way of knowing whether we're doing it or not, and ignoring the fact that, essentially, to one extent or another, preaching and teaching the Gospel is not just in the job description of 90% of the members here, it is their calling.
    Something you are not qualified to judge, given what you do not know about us, as well as the fact that you haven't bothered to do anything but attempt "drive-by" spiritual assassinations of us rather than actually getting to know us as we've come to know one another. When you start acting like a person and getting to know the other persons on here, then you might have a legitimate complaint when you see behavior that doesn't meet with your approval. Until then, you are nothing but the blowing wind, showing up annoyingly frequently.

This isn't a dismissal of you, Zaac, though I'm sure you'll take it that way. This is an invitation to stop doing the drive-bys and become a member of the community. So far, you haven't. Which probably explains the mutual animosity.

#18 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What, exactly, is this unrepented sin that is done in the name of politics?

20. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ain't it so impressive to see threads judging fellow Christians for judging by politics and using politics to judge those how judge by politics?