1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If Fundamentalists Believe in the Rapture, Why do they Study the Great Tribulation?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mojoala, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The pastor is supposed to preach to the saved. Anyway, if the tribulation is in the bible, it's a perfectly acceptable topic. I don't believe in sensationalizing it, but just because some pastors or others might do this does not mean everyone does. You're generalizing.

2. mojoala

mojoala New Member

? My God look at all the books that are out there, every Tom, Dick, and Harry are trying to make a buck of the Tribulation scare. If they were truly sincere, then the books would be offered at cost instead of a profit. These are playing on the fears of people. There has been a push to put out previous books since the Israel/Lebanon thing happened.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

No, there is no such verse. What it says is this:

"Taken out of the way" does not mean removed. The HS will stop retraining the man of lawlessness and he will be revealed.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Acts 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Acts 20:26-27 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Paull left no stone unturned. He preached unto them all the counsel of God, every doctrine--including eschatology. He said to Timothy (pastor of the church of Ephesus).

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

If God says it is profitable, and proftiable for instruction (or preaching) who am I do doubt His Word?
    DHK

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

So how many people out of the tens of thousands of Christians wrote those books? Just because some people write like that does not mean pastors are focusing on the Tribulation. I can't even recall my pastor preaching on it, though he's preached on the rapture (he's Pre-Trib).

Most Christians are not that into endtimes stuff, but the ones who are are really into it. That is what you are seeing.

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Well .. I've had enough of mojo. My first time to ignore anyone.

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Genesis 6 we see "My Spirit will not always strive with mankind" and THEN we see "the flood".

In Rev 7 we see God restraining the four winds of strife and war while the saints are being sealed by God -- and THEN in Rev 16 we see the 7 last plagues poured out and in Rev 19 the "coming of Christ" with mighty armies as in 2Thess 1.

In 2Thess 2 we see that God is restraining evil until the time of the end.

In John 16 we see that the Spirit of God is the one that "Convicts the WORLD of sin and righteousness and judgment".

It is clear from these texts that the Spirit of God is no longer restraining the kingdom of Satan - the wicked devoted to his rule and law - at some point in the future.

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See - DHK and I agree on some things.