1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If God exists and operates outside of time

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Sep 1, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

then why does the timing of one's regeneration matter?

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think that most would say that although God exists outside of time he operates within it. Some have supplied the idea that God is a-temporal prior to the creative decree and that temporality itself is a part of the creative decree, but that God is "presently" temporal post the creative decree and presumably....will then operate a-temporally again if time shall then cease to exist.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are within time, so it matters to us.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God is Eternal, and He created time for the benefit of his creature man Gen 1:1-5

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

This describes the creation of time, the revolution of nights and days

Time was created like all other parts of God's creatures, including man who was made on the sixth day.

Now with man time is an factor, for we can comprehend things and the purposes of God only as they appear in time and begin to form our present, past and future, but that is not the case with God. The Present, Past and Future with God are all one before His Eternal Throne. Many in regard to this subject has blasphemed God tremendously because they think God is like unto themselves, a creature of time. Ps 50:21

These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

An event that is future for God's Creature, is not the case with God, for God does not have a future, and a past, but a continuous present. A scripture Like Isa 46:11

Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

That is stated in that fashion for the comfort of God's People, who can take comfort in God's Promises Rom 15:4

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Not God's Learning and Comfort, but for His creatures. God executing His counsel in time, is different from the Eternal Perspective He has of His Counsel being Accomplished , to say that God must wait as His Creature of time does for a specific promise or fulfillment of a threat or promise is putting God down to our creature level, and is nothing short of Blaspheme.

None of the True saints of God would ever utter such Blasphemy !

Remember that time is no more than a created creature like man is, God is outside of time, it serves an temporal purpose !

God is not temporal ! Rev 10:6

And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein,and time that there should be time no longer:

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it really doesn't, in the actual sense of a sinner becoming a saint!

6. billwald

billwald New Member

That sounds "Reformed."

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, the word would be "biblical!"

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does scripture suggest anything about God acting outside of time? It appears some are speaking above their paygrade.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

Every prophesy suggests God operates outside of time.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    before there was ANY Creation by God, NO time even as a concept, he already had the Cross ordained/predestined to pass!

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know what went on or when time was created?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Know that God is ONLY "thing' that has an eternal existence, as time/space/matter/energy alll come in when He created the universe!